Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you like more and why?

I've only had turbos, but I do love the feel of a supercharger so much! Thinking I might go there eventually with the GT

·
Registered
134 Posts
Currently, I have a supercharger, but I'd like to have a twin turbo. Now, I've never driven a twin turbo car so I can't compare. The reason I say I would want a twin turbo for this car is because my engine is fully forged and I could make much more power with the twins. That being said, the most popular and cost-effective supercharger for this car is the vortech. Its centrifugal based, so in some ways, I would think its basically a belt driven single turbo. The vortech is made to work with the stock engine, where as since I'm forged I could get more with twins. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think its possible to get the type of torque out of a centrifugal supercharger compared to twin turbos. Then again, I don't think an OEM engine can handle twin turbos, which brings us back to the supercharger option for an OEM engine.

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
A supercharger has a power delivery that's very linear, and produces pressure from very low RPM because the engine drives it directly, it doesn't make a deference if the SC is centrifugal or vain type, pressure is pressure, they will both make the same torque for the same pressure.

Turbo power delivery is very different, as in the power suddenly builds as the turbos build pressure with spool up, and it takes RPM and load to do this, so the result is a lot more dramatic, which is why people like them, you could still achieve the same ultimate power with either, but the feel will be totally different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts