Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just arrived as promised the R32 RB20 & R33 RB25 Screamer pipes.

These do sound awesome from both inside and outside the car as the wastegate gases vent straight to the atmosphere.

Please note these will not pass an MOT and are to be used for off road use only - my disclaimer :)

The picture shown of the item is fitted to the downpipe and you will only get the screamer pipe and the cost is £99. If you buy one i will also do the 3" downpipe (shown in picture) for £75.

All items are made from stainless steel and come with gaskets.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
I would say it depends if you know the tester or not but as speedr33per is doing mine it will pass :)

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
i would say no they aren't mot failures reason being as how can they fail?? you can only fail a car on the exhaust if its not supported,if its blowing to excess or if it is unreasonably noisy, but thats a grey area as no two cars exhaust noises are the same.plus the screamer pipe is only noisy at full boost yes? so even during emmision testing it wont be noisy so if they fail then my opinion is they are wrongly failing it. if you want paul send me a screamer pipe with decat on it for "mot testing purposes" mate:ylsuper:

·
Registered
537 Posts
would this fit my hks downpipe, im ready and waiting to buy one. oh and do you accept paypal....yes im a pain!

cheers

·
Premium Member
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i would say no they aren't mot failures reason being as how can they fail?? you can only fail a car on the exhaust if its not supported,if its blowing to excess or if it is unreasonably noisy, but thats a grey area as no two cars exhaust noises are the same.plus the screamer pipe is only noisy at full boost yes? so even during emmision testing it wont be noisy so if they fail then my opinion is they are wrongly failing it. if you want paul send me a screamer pipe with decat on it for "mot testing purposes" mate:ylsuper:
Just spoken to my MOT man and yes it is a grey area. What he told me was as long as the exhaust system is not leaking once he has covered the rear box while the car is ticking over it is not a failure.

Dan has just done this test now and the gasses do slightly flow through when the exhaust is blocked off, i did mention this to the tester and he has said this is down to the testers discretion and he could advise you that this needs to be fixed. Once he advises you it means it is on record and the following year will not pass the next MOT.

So it looks like you will get a year out of them depending on how well you know your tester.

·
Premium Member
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
would this fit my hks downpipe, im ready and waiting to buy one. oh and do you accept paypal....yes im a pain!

cheers
Yes this will fit as they are a direct replacment for the standard turbo elbow and will fit the standard downpipes or aftermarket 3" ones.

Yes we take paypal and our paypal addy is [email protected]

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Just spoken to my MOT man and yes it is a grey area. What he told me was as long as the exhaust system is not leaking once he has covered the rear box while the car is ticking over it is not a failure.

Dan has just done this test now and the gasses do slightly flow through when the exhaust is blocked off, i did mention this to the tester and he has said this is down to the testers discretion and he could advise you that this needs to be fixed. Once he advises you it means it is on record and the following year will not pass the next MOT.

So it looks like you will get a year out of them depending on how well you know your tester.
sell the screamer pipe with a thread inside the wastegate pipe, and include a big bolt

to pass MOT you simply insert the bolt and no leaking lol

·
Premium Member
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sell the screamer pipe with a thread inside the wastegate pipe, and include a big bolt

to pass MOT you simply insert the bolt and no leaking lol
LOL thats one way around it, to late though as i have already had them made :disappointed:

·
DriftSlaGG
1,260 Posts
Already ordered mine, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, if its made by Japspeed, it WILL fit. Simple.

A lot of time and testing has gone into this screamer, you guys will not be dissapointed.

·
Registered
261 Posts
two things:

1. how much could you do me a downpipe + screamer + cat-back system with the single silencer?

2. can you use the screamer on a standard rb25 spec 2 turbo? or does i have to be a aftermarket turbo with external wastegate etc?

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
Ive got a screamer pipe fitted to mine, its an all in one system (straight from the turbo without elbow) and it opens when i hit 2000 rpm's and above!

Sounds foookin wicked too!

You guys will definately be pleased with your purchase! :boobies:

1 - 20 of 234 Posts