Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang
New boy here I dont even own a skyline yet but i am trying to right that wrong. Have been in touch with Seafords to get a car imported as he seemed one of the good guys. But then so do I OH HA HA HA ! But seriously any recommendations would be helpful

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
I recomend you buy my car... Tee hee..

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hiya paulc,

I'm going down to Seafords tommorrow to look at a couple.

I've been looking for a skyline for some time now. Some general advice for you...

make sure you see a few, don't buy the first one you see. Test drive as many as you can so you get used to how they should feel. Make sure the test drive includes some bumpy roads as some seem to have the suspension set up for the track and are so firm that they tramline all over the place on anything other than a perfect road surface.

Skylines are very tough, so modified ones are not important, but make sure the owner knows what the mods are - you'd be surprised how often I've seen cars recently where the owner knows that something has been done to the turbo but not what.

Watch for the prices - some of the prices on autotrader are absurb - someone sees a mint 95 skyline with 20,000 miles going for 10k, so they think their battered one with 80,000 miles must be worth the same.

If you buy from a dealer and the car has some defects that they promise to fix for you, get it in writing before you part with any cash. Then if they don't do it the vehicle is not as described under the sale of goods act and you can demand a full refund.

Oh yeah, make sure you have a good look underneath. There's no salt on the roads in japan apart from in the mountains in the north, so they don't seen to underseal them as well. Lots of people get the undersealed when they import them, but some don't. if you are buying a fresh import then get it undersealed properly as soon as you can.

On r32's and early r33's the side of the seat bolster nearest the drivers door wears and is a very good indicator of mileage.

As are the lips on the edges of the brake disks. Once you've seen one of two cars you'll quickly be able to estimate the mileage fairly accurately like that.

Good luck

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Paulc, just take Grebo with you, I think he is going to start one of these TV second hand purchasing programmes for Skylines :)

Anyhow, he has pointed out a lot of valid points, basically dont go for the first one you go to see.

S

·
0 Posts
Seaford Car Imports

Hi,
Its nice to know that I am one of the good guys, I am so looking forward to meeting Grebo tomorrow, I just hope he's not 10 feet tall and 8 feet wide as he wont fit into anything we have in stock.
As long as he is not French!
Once he see's what proper Trade imported skylines from me are like he can tell you guys that we just have great cars at good prices!

Just Ask Gary ( Ghost Rider, Jap Salon ) for any recommendations on how I do business as he can qoute first hand from personal experience!

It was nice to meet a lot of you guys at Billing last weekend on the stand.
Best Regards

Stuart
Seaford Car Imports
Skylines'R'us

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advise will take my Mercedes back to the dealer next week to get my Skyline money only lost £4500 in four months how cheap!:mad: Unless anyone fancys themselves a SLK
to put on their drive.
Is that the distant sound of thunder? or a stampede of would be SLK owners? NO its the roar of a Skyline exhaust as it Blasts past DAM!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts