Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting a second car and using the liner at the weekends. How would I use my no claims bonus or would I have to start again on the new car, because I phoned Adrian Flux about insuring a second car and they said your ncb can only be used on one car. Has anyone got any ideas to get round this?, also is it worthwhile putting the liner limited mileage a year ie, 5k or do I just phone each insurance company and ask.

Thanks

LEE.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
With Liv Vic, limited mileage made no difference to the premium.

I had the same problem with NCB as I had always run classics before where you do not accrue NBC so ended up transferring the NCB from the wifes car to the Skyline and starting her again as I could find no-one to give me anything for a second car sadly.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
you can only use earnt bonus on one car at a time....BUT! a lot of insurers will now match your earned bonus with what they call an introductory bonus....say you had 4 years earned (60% disc)...they would just give you a 60% disc on your second car...you would then earn bonus on that but would not receive any more of a discount...but at the end of 4 claim free years you will have two lots of earned full no claims bonus.....try privilage as they can do this...

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
As Tigger says, a lot of companies seem to be offering to match NCD on the second car, as long as both cars are insured with the same company.
Elephant.co.uk amongst others will do this.

·
Registered
953 Posts
i have got an adrian flux off the road policy on the skyline for about 300 a year and then fully comp on the saxo and i get 90 days fully comp on a temporay car i.e ring up direct line and they cover the skyline for 11.00 a day only downside is you have to phone up before u use it i am not using mine every weekend so doesnt matter

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Its a load of balls innit, surely NCB is a personal history of your claims made (or not made) and unless you have learned some ****ing good trick you can only drive one car at a time. Bunch of crooks and thieving blaggers.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Wierd, I have discount on both mine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts