Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who needs them when you have considerate road users.
(My mate has an expensive camera detector and recently got caught at 83mph.)
Today i was travelling on the A4119 an outstanding piece of road(my favourite)with single carriageways,long overtake sections,roundabouts and dual carriageways,in my opinion the perfect road for a blast.

As i came off the last roundabout and started to accelerate toward and probably above the speed limit at least 2 cars in the opposite lane flashed me.I immediately thought 3 things 1.they knew me 2.they were telling me the car was on fire(exhaust flames)3.there were police in the area.

I took option 3 and was right, mobile speed camera.A big thankyou to the 2 considerate road users. I wish there were more of them about and we'd all have clean licences.

·
684 Posts
Considerate road users

seem to be a dying breed up here. The last 2 times i been caught with the hand held i haven,t had a nod despite passing plenty of traffic coming in the opposite way.
Got a Snooper fitted and although it works great for the laser it's pure mince on the Gatsos.
Wish i had fitted it before 9 points though..:(

Charlie...

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
People have warned me around my area but also I've got to know where the cameras are and where the vans park but it did'nt stop me buying a road angel,good for the trips off familiar ground:)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i agree,my mate was caght and had the origin b2 fitted,he said it worked even though he was caught because he believed he was above 100mph.You definately need to know where the statics are and the mobiles because even the mobiles tend to frequent the same roads because they always have the best results at these locations

·
Registered
216 Posts
I also own a road angel and i'd be lost without it!!! ...one of my "better" buys;) totally invaluable:D

·
Registered
155 Posts
so folks what would recommend road angel or snooper, cant decide which one to get. both seem quite good.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even though my mate was caught whilst using the b2 origin,i have still not read a bad article about them,if he didn't have it he is adamant he would have been instantly banned .They are on the expensive side though.

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
I personally would'nt bother with the snooper as people who have them tell me they get alot of false alarms.I have a road angel and it is very good,however the new origin b2 picks up the new mini gatso and the road angel does'nt so if money is not a problem i'd go for the origin.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
I've got a Snooper S6-R Neo and had a few false alarms in the first week.....after that however it settled down and has been fine since.

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
I have the Road Angel and so far its got all the statics but I have not had any mobile hits with it at all.. I also have had a few false alarms with it.. mainly in one place.. but my mate with the same unit on the same road dont get the false alert... I also have a Bell 550 sitting on the shelf in the kitchen.. so sure which is the best between the RA or the bell...

·
Registered
775 Posts
Yeah, well I have been using in one form or another a “detector” since I came back form the USA in the late 80’s and have used everything from a Snooper to Bell and have a Road Angel at the mo. It is Great. Do you wanna here a real bummer of a story ?

I was doing the romantic thingy whereby I flew (metaphorically speaking) home to get the GT-R out to take the lil woman out for Valentines day lunch last year. And as we only had an hour, as she was not aware of my dastardly plan, in my haste I forgot to take my friend the Bell out of the everyday car and install it into the GTR, and again in my haste to get to the lunch place (where we met Ahh) I was a lil abrupt with the right pedal and there, on the opposite side of the road, about 500yrds from the entrance to the lunch place, a friggin white van with NO markings with tinted windows and a Bl**dy camera.

Yes, it was no good trying to argue the point when I got a lovely digital photo of me and the lil lady and the front end of my GTR doing ***mph !!!!

SO MORAL OF STORY ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, TAKE TIME TO INSTAL A FRIEND !!!

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
Applejack have you updated your road angel? this could be the cause of the false alarms or if your range is set to the longest you can pick up cameras from a good mile away,especially if your higher than the camera like on a hill or something this has happened to me a few times.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts