Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well iv just entered the ricer world with a GTS-Turbo M-Spec.........Albeit

What a effing nightmare these cars are to insure. I have sent all me forms off for quotations. So dont have a figure yet but what would you expect for...

22 years old, history of fairly quick cars (Some insurance places asked my previous car list)

Held full clean license for just over 4 years

1 years no claims, named driver for the rest, How i regret this now :(

No claims made.

Anyone point me in the right direction? I have sent the forms to AF and A-plan as per the other threads.

What should i expect to pay?

Thanks in advance

Danny :drivin:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Kinda depends on more than just those factors. Also depends where you live, if you are a home owner, relation ship status etc etc etc

Best plan is to get as many quotes as you can then try and get the good insurance companies to beat them.

There is a sticky somewhere on the best way to approach the insurance companies. Might of been worth getting quotes first before buying it as I reckon you're gonna be looking at poss a grand and up but I'm not a professional so could well be wrong.

Depends if there are modifications too and of course if you declare them, age of the car and so much more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies guys as one of you pointed out its not the cars fault, but its not my fault that they look so dam good lol

So you reckon it will be under 2k there seems to be huge differences in what people have been quoted.

Personally im hopeing for less then 1400 but im sure il be able to post on here the results tomorrow.

Danny

:drivin:

·
Registered
441 Posts
thanks for the replies guys as one of you pointed out its not the cars fault, but its not my fault that they look so dam good lol

So you reckon it will be under 2k there seems to be huge differences in what people have been quoted.

Personally im hopeing for less then 1400 but im sure il be able to post on here the results tomorrow.

Danny

You just have to keep at it really. When I bought mine I was quoted 2700 initially and I'm a fair bit older than you, married, with lots of NCD. Just had to play the telephoning everyone game and hope for the best. In all fairness, Kieran at MCE REALLY helped me out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Top man thank you. I have already sent a quotation form off tho so i will have to wait until they contact me, as before lets see if i walk away or if i limp away, il keep you guys posted

Danny

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well the votes are in and the best i have got has been from aplan

1700 Fully Comp looks like i better get my savings out :(

Danny

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Try Keith Michaels and Warwick Davis, no harm in trying eh? My first quote online was £8400, pmsl for hours!:D

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
i went with warwick davies in the end as they just couldn't be beaten.
remember i'm older than you (by so many years!!) but with 6 points and minor mods they covered me for £291 f/c.
i think it was also because this was not my first skyline,but i am divorced which is supposed to put me in a higher risk category.
still i dont think £1700 is too bad a price at 22.
seen some kids round here with corsa's and saxo's pay that.
best of luck and try getting it lowered some more if you can

1 - 16 of 16 Posts