Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a newbie on here wants to buy my car and take it to the czech republic...ok
but he wants me to send him the full VIN.. for insurance reasons..:dunno:...is this the done thing......or im i getting my nuts chewed..:timebomb:

·
is now very happy with 400+ BHP
2,903 Posts
Maybe get a good Jap car importer/exporter to mediate for you?
He'll obviously want a fee but saves you any complications
and potential mis-understandings or shortcomeings mate?

Just an idea IMO here.

·
is now very happy with 400+ BHP
2,903 Posts
If I was selling overseas though I'd do as recommended above
Cheers Andy - I met you at Rhubarb Triangle meet earlier in the year mate.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
211 Posts
In a lot of other countries, using the VIN number is common. Not sure if it is in .cz or not, but in the USA, for example, you'll find the VIN in eBay listings and the like.

Even over here, for a fresh import you'll need to provide your insurance company the VIN until you have a UK registration, so it's probably genuine.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
once he has paid you a 50% deposit , he has to to the reg thing in hiis country , and then you de reg it here ,

my friends at Autobmc.com sell a few to germany , maybe worth ringing him for some help regarding the de -reg and how to go about the actual transaction

the german ones when the guys turn up they already have their german plates .

paypal would be your safest bet regarding money , if you do it as a gift you dont get charged fees , there are ways getting round not paying fees , just paid my bodyshop guy same way so could put my bill on my cc without vat

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
i'm overseas and have bought a few cars in the UK
i always needed the VIN up front to arrange insurance over here
everyone has been kind enough to give me that number
if not i wouldnt have bought the car because i wouldnt have insurance to take it home

·
R33 GTS25
1,145 Posts
Yup, same here in Norway when I bought my R33 from the UK.

Needed the VIN to insure it up until the point I had it registered ...at which point I could give the license plate number to the insurance company.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts