Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just thought I’d put a post up and ask some people’s opinions while we are on lockdown here in NZ. I’ve got a series 2 25det in a 32 coupe and it’s missing / stuttering right on limiter, like it won’t sit on limi and bang off it . Eg if I’m in a slide it’ll be fine till I wana clutch kick it from limiter or hit limiter while in the slide . Good compression / fresh coils bar 1 cause it didn’t work on arrival so yet to chuck that new one in cause of lockdown rules over here( can’t leave your house)the other coil is a yellow jacket so not old factory one. I will re check spark plug gaps to 0.8 aswell. It’ll run mint in any gear right up the whole rev range but as soon as gets to limi it’ll do it. Standard motor no mods apart from coil harness coils, FMIC and exhaust from the factory dump pipe to under ya seat kinda area. Any help much appreciated 😄, oh also it could be running rich as it uses more gas than I think it should but yeah that’s only a guess . Dont just say don’t hit limi either cause sometimes u need to for a split second and when it bogs it’s sketchy Cheers lads
Engine bay pic for something to look at

·
Registered
415 Posts
Congrats on a clean looking engine! As for the misfire, I can't help much. Stock ECU right? How much boost are you running? If you're thrashing the stock ECU with a load of engine mods flowing more air, it will certainly be running rich. Do you mean it bogs down after it hits the limiter? Misfiring is usually ignition system components or fueling. Any idea what your fuel pressure is like? Perhaps hitting the limiter is causing some other problem to manifest, like weak fuel pressure or something. Earthing is always worth checking out too. Ultimately, you're running a 25 year old car really hard, so any weak points are gonna be exposed. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey mate running factory boost , 25det actuator so what’s that like 6 psi ish... it bogs right on limi/ right before hard to tell but it’s right on that highest rev range .Might be the ecu cutting something, not sure was going to get a nistune done on it after lockdown and a tune . Nothings open at all so can’t check it as I don’t have a fp gague but cheers for the reply mate !

·
Super Moderator
9,011 Posts
STD ECU runs pretty rich at WOT so could well be that ie rich mixture will also cause misfire as well as weak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts