Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to this game so just need a quick bit of advice. Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times but please bear with me. I need to know if my R33GTST 1993 plate is a series one or two so I can order coils for it. Anyone tell me a quick way to identify which my motor is?

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
a 93 will be a spec one im sure, also is the engine coil pack cover has a small black box at the back it is a spec 1

·
Registered
733 Posts
Series 2 came in 95, the black box gone and a pink label on AFM, so a 93 would be a 1.

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
welcome to the club redshift keep an eye on the scotland thread for meets and trackdays, we are having a meet in dundee tomorrow so check it out and feel free to pop along if you want to.

·
Registered
218 Posts
the best way is too see if its got a silver box at the back of the engine bay bolted to the plastic spark plug cover, if it has its a s1 engine as we have a s1 with the later s2 engine which does not have the ignition amplifier,
Buffy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Many thanks to everyone who has replyed to my thread. Especially the excellent pics they have really helped me. I certainly do have the spark amplifier on the back of the engine cover so series one it is. Once again Thank you so much for taking the time to help me all of you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts