Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Car Abuser
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone clear this up for me.

A friend of mine is claiming that it is possible to tune a skyline to 420 bhp on the standard injectors.

I thought 330 was the max before having to change them.

I myself am running standard ones at 100% injector duty at points @1.2 bar, and I'm only getting just over 300.

Who's right?

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
think RSP got them to 400,but that was max.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
by using fuel pressure regulator and increasing duty cycle to 88%

oh and the rest of the mods,fmic,ebc,induction,exhaust,z32 afm,and not to forget.... hybrid turbo
ime getting 338bhp thanks to richard mapping my car (with standard injectors & standard fuel pump & regulator)

·
1,540 Posts

A friend of mine is claiming that it is possible to tune a skyline to 420 bhp on the standard injectors.

I myself am running standard ones at 100% injector duty at points @1.2 bar, and I'm only getting just over 300.

Who's right?
gtr standard injectors are 444cc. I'd say it could be possible to get about 420 horse out of them but you'd be pretty much maxing your injectors which is Veeeeery Baaaaadd!!!!
Why not just buy a set of 550cc injectors?........

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I'm running 300bhp atf with a few breathing mods and .85 bar on stock injectors.

I've no remap and not even finished stage one tuning ie fmic or uprated fuel pump.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
by using fuel pressure regulator and increasing duty cycle to 88%

oh and the rest of the mods,fmic,ebc,induction,exhaust,and not to forget.... hybrid turbo

^^^ I Agree

I'm running 300bhp atf with a few breathing mods and .85 bar on stock injectors.

I've no remap and not even finished stage one tuning ie fmic or uprated fuel pump.

^^^ sounds about right too :wave:

·
Car Abuser
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is aparently an RB25DET. So that's 333cc injectors? times 6, thats's 2000cc a minute.

Is it even possible to get 420bhp?

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
well if rising sun could get them to 420 they would have but max they got was 400 ,so i would say......NO.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts

Who's right?
Think RSP have got to 400 on standards, that is maxing out everything though!

You say your at 1.2Bar and just over 300hp, how far just over?. Thats not alot for the amount of boost surley?? Or are those the only upgrades-a map boost hike and steel internal'd turbo?

I'm at 0.75Bar, standard injectors and a 255lph walbro fuel pump. @306-310bhp (all stage 1 mods included aswell)

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Don't forget people Jammy is a NA that has been turbo'd.

Just over 400bhp is possible on the std injectors by increasing the fuel pressure although RSP don't like really doing it and agree its much better to just buy bigger injectors.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Just over 400bhp is possible on the std injectors by increasing the fuel pressure although RSP don't like really doing it and agree its much better to just buy bigger injectors.
:iagree:

Standard injectors on R33 GTST are 380cc. A very rough rule says that on a six cylinder engine the size of the injectors equals to the max horsepower they will support. This is very rough though. So following this it is possible to reach 400 with stock injectors and yes Richard at RSP has proven this. You need to use an adjustable fuel pressure regulator though to up the fuel pressure slightly. You would be running your injectors on the very limit though. Personally would never go for it. Also it is generally regarded as the wrong way to up the fuel pressure if the injectors are already maxed out only to squeeze more fuel through them and therefore hit higher bhp figures.

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts

Who's right?
So he is :)

·
Car Abuser
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't forget people Jammy is a NA that has been turbo'd.

NA that has been turbo'd? Who's that then?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts