Skyline Owners Forum banner

Sexy RB25DET Greddy style plenum - £279. Possible GB?

36K views 288 replies 80 participants last post by  aidan8888 
#1 · (Edited)
Friday 10th December 2010 - Update.

New group buy starting on page 18 of this thread.

The price will be the same as below and they would be due in in approx 12 weeks. This is because they would be sea freighted.

We can air freight them but it would be at a surcharge.

Adaptors are £40 when purchased with the plenum.

We are happy to have finally sourced a very nice quality aluminium Greddy style plenum for the R33 GTST.

Its taken some time to find, theres some real junk floating round on the market.

They come with a very comprehensive fitting kit.

If we can get five people interested then I can do them at £219 a piece as a special introductory price :)

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
I believe they will only fit the R33 GTST. They might bolt onto the R34 and RB20 but I couldnt say for sure nor do I know what, if any, modifications would be neceesary.

That looks very nice!! Bit of custom intercooler pipe work and it would look right at home under my bonnet:rofl:
Q's;
* Will they use the standard throttle body and cable or need a completley different one?
* Do they produce similar gains to the more expensive plenums?
* Have you had chance to test run one on an RB25DET at your end and see an improvement in driveability/ improved throttle responce and power?
* Where abouts are they sourced from? As i too have seen lots of scrape floating around the internet/ebay from china.......
Youll need an adapter to take the standard throttle body. I believe the Q45 unit bolts on but Ill check. Ill also look into having the adapter manufactured.

The gains will be similar to the Greddy units, I couldnt comment on the other designs.

We ran a Greddy on our own Skyline with great effect. 550+bhp on a stock engine.

The pics below are of another Greddy style plenum that we have had here for a couple of years now. Ive actually got five of them as I didnt realise when placing the order that such rubbish was being sold as usable. Complete and utter junk. We have seen a few at this sort of quality level, its taken us a few years to find the current ones that we are finally happy with.

Ive been waiting for one of these for ages!!! Will that special price be there next month??
The retail price is what it is, it wont change unless exchange rates change. The group buy price is a one off special offer.

I really don't need this, but at that price, id be gay for not putting my name down :)

Consider me one of the "five" Bren :)

Just to know, im sure it'll be asked or has been asked, do you do a pipe kit to match this up to your intercooler?
I can produce complete intercooler kits to suit, Ill look into them.

Im interested in one of these too :O)
Ok, Ill put you down as interested.

Yep put my name down, again don't really need it but sod it £219, its got to be done
Ok.

That looks really nice, what would be the price with one of your front mount intercoolers with the appropriate piping? I may have to raid the savings for this
£259 when bought with the plenum but its a product thats not available as yet.

If this will also fit the R34GTT I am very interested
Theyre only specified for the R33 GTST, I dont now if they will also fit the R34.

got my Garrett sat at home and the plenum is something I am seriously wanting to upgrade. I was looking at a Greddy one but they're just too costly. Plazmaman was next on my list but still pricey.. but if this turns out to be that good I will definitely get one from you guys GB or non GB :) Just doing some swotting up on what else I will need to do to get it fitted though.

definitely interested tho!

ta
ant
Cool :)

As above i`d be one of the five pending info on throttle bodies. if its going to cost the same again to adapt the throttle body or get another one it might be worth reconsidering.
Ill be able to supply adapters, that wont be an issue :)

1: bigrichybyrne
2: MJET1986
3: mydimmasgone
4: Gummi

Attachments

#3 ·
That looks very nice!! Bit of custom intercooler pipe work and it would look right at home under my bonnet:rofl:
Q's;
* Will they use the standard throttle body and cable or need a completley different one?
* Do they produce similar gains to the more expensive plenums?
* Have you had chance to test run one on an RB25DET at your end and see an improvement in driveability/ improved throttle responce and power?
* Where abouts are they sourced from? As i too have seen lots of scrape floating around the internet/ebay from china.......

#11 ·
As above i`d be one of the five pending info on throttle bodies. if its going to cost the same again to adapt the throttle body or get another one it might be worth reconsidering.

#10 ·
got my Garrett sat at home and the plenum is something I am seriously wanting to upgrade. I was looking at a Greddy one but they're just too costly. Plazmaman was next on my list but still pricey.. but if this turns out to be that good I will definitely get one from you guys GB or non GB :) Just doing some swotting up on what else I will need to do to get it fitted though.

definitely interested tho!

ta
ant

#15 ·
machines adapter plate £40 off ebay. Just got one for my plenum or if your bothered about a Greddy logo you can get a cast one for double + a bit more. Think the only difference is the greddy one makes the vacuum nipple on the TB usable and the bore tapers from 70 to 90mm.

I wouldn't worry about the adapter plates sure Bren will be able sort them no probs

#17 ·
If you can supply the adaptor and I dont need to purchase any extras for the fuel rail etc.. then im interested in having one.

Are you able to supply any aluminium pipework, I have a greddy fmic that goes thru the wing i just need a piece to link from that to the front of this.

Nigel

#18 ·
will you provide anything to stick or glue in the pipe for the top rad hose?

#24 ·
I'll get one of these with the TB adaptor plate and FMIC piping.
Could you please email me when it's time to pay as I'm in Greece until 31st of August.
I'm checking emails daily and will pay through paypal. Cheers :)

5: Anthonymcgrath
6: Wildboy
7: Multics

#27 ·
5: Anthonymcgrath
6: Wildboy
7: Multics
8: Skyline Boy

Im in! just let me know when you want paying, im on holiday at the mo and wont be back til August the 25th, just popped into the internet cafe, couldnt resist a quick peak on here! lol.

Just to wind you guys up, its been about 40degrees out here, been out on the boat today too. its lush!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.