Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good reading from you ...
I'm still in hibernation mode but given the weather is acceptable I might show up :)
Hi Andrew,hope you are OK.I hope the weather will be OK,looking forward to giving my car a few runs.
I will update with the weather forecast.
Cheers Eric.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Interesting, I may be up for this as well. I was thinking of going to watch the Touring Cars at brands this weekend, but the person I was going to go with had to pull out. I see they have camping in with the admission price as well :)

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting, I may be up for this as well. I was thinking of going to watch the Touring Cars at brands this weekend, but the person I was going to go with had to pull out. I see they have camping in with the admission price as well :)
Hi,look forward to meeting you if you make it.Good group of guys with some great cars.Very friendly place.
We park up in front of the food wagon,on the left as you enter pit area.Cheers Eric.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick update o0n the weather.Dry all day,light winds and 17c.Hope it does not change.
Cheers Eric.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking forward to it Eric, any chance of a 10 second run?
Nice thought.Track should be warm for some grip and air temp not to warm for the ECU to start retarding timing.I will be there about 8.30.Just got to remember how to drive it now lol.
Cheers Eric.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How did it go? Did you all have a good day?
Hi Rob,enjoyed the day.It was not busy with a lot of the regular drivers still not completed work on there cars.I only did three runs as would you believe my shift light would not work(? buld).Did an 11.40 with 131 terminal,1.84 60ft with a 4k launch.Track had not had a lot of rubber down as first event and not many cars so traction not great.Got a new shift light on it's way and looking forward to next time.Cheers Eric.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
11.4 that's a good time mate wish it was me lol
Hi Mick,thanks but there is more in the car.It has run an 11.10 but has had 2 clutches and some monor niggles that have stopped me getting the best from the car.We ran all last year with a boost leak which we have sorted and now making more power.The shift light not working meant I was short shifting so not using all the power.Oh well,next time lol.Cheers Eric.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good mate so in the 10s soon
From the calculator I use for BHP and weight my best time would be a 10.87 so I would need everything to come together to get there.I suppose sorting out the problems you come across is part of the fun(?).Cheers Eric.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Best of luck mate
Am looking for a low 12 this year
Thanks.Low 12's is a quick car.I am guessing that the surface we race on at Pod and Shakespeare is better than you get and is probably worth a couple of tenths off 60ft time.Cheers Eric.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts