Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rockin in the RWD world
742 Posts
Eric, I can't rem now but are you running an ikeya sequential shifter in your car or std H shift ?

Just curious to know how you get on with racing it up through the box without missed or crunched gears (assuming you do?)

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric, I can't rem now but are you running an ikeya sequential shifter in your car or std H shift ?

Just curious to know how you get on with racing it up through the box without missed or crunched gears (assuming you do?)
Hi Wyn,just use standard 5 speed box with heavy duty shockproof oil.I have destroyed one box but they hold up quite well.The options for GTST are not great in terms of cost.I did look at an Ikea but prefer to feel the change,if that makes sense.I have a Nismo short shifter fitted.Cheers Eric.

·
Rockin in the RWD world
742 Posts
Ok cheers, I always seem to have to select 3rd slowly for the fear of missed/crunched gears
That I remember its always been like that with the various gtst boxes I've used
How do you get on with yours? Would you say the gear change is good or a bit hit or miss if raced ?
Just curious to know if they are all like that ?

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok cheers, I always seem to have to select 3rd slowly for the fear of missed/crunched gears
That I remember its always been like that with the various gtst boxes I've used
How do you get on with yours? Would you say the gear change is good or a bit hit or miss if raced ?
Just curious to know if they are all like that ?
Hi,generally don't have a problem.I will let you have a drive round the site next time I see you so you can compare.Cheers.

·
Rockin in the RWD world
742 Posts
Sure could be up for that tho I think I will go to Santa pod this weekend as closer
Last rwyb this yr is it not ?

Shame tho as Shakespeare normally always gets more runs in

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Wyn,good luck and let us know your times,see you next year.

Rob will see you Sunday morning.Cheers Eric.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
How did u get on mate
Hi Mick,it was a bit of a trade off day.Air temps were down so my car was making good power(134 terminals)but traction was not great so best 60' was 1.9,need to get this sorted.I Did 6 runs 4x11.3,1x11.4 and 1x11.5 so at least consistant.End of another season hoping to get a tenth off PB to run a ten lol.Cheers Eric.

·
Robin
530 Posts
I ran an 11.5 & an 11.6, only two runs as tyres were worn out causing 2.1 & 2.2 60 ft's. Planning to go cross ply next year, Eric... what width rims do you use with your 26 x 10 x 15 MT's?

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ran an 11.5 & an 11.6, only two runs as tyres were worn out causing 2.1 & 2.2 60 ft's. Planning to go cross ply next year, Eric... what width rims do you use with your 26 x 10 x 15 MT's?
Hi Rob,I have Compomotive 15x8 think the offset is 22.I think you may need to use bias ply all round as I do with your terminals.I am looking at going back to drag radials if TOTB happens.Cheers Eric.

·
Robin
530 Posts
MT recommend 10" width rims, but I have 15x8 Compomotives as well, hence the question, so that's good to know :) Yes I will run cross plys on the front. York is too far for us, not too keen on altering the car to compromise for the handling event either lol but look forward to seeing how you get on.

·
Rockin in the RWD world
742 Posts
Hi Wyn,good luck and let us know your times,see you next year.
Put it this way I pushed it faster then it went so the times wasn't great lol

My car cut out just before my 1st run whilst sitting in the fire up lane
Wouldn't restart so eventually pushed it out of the side gate
Managed to get the car restarted time later by which time I just wanted to get back home.
(Turned out just to be a corroded main fuse connection getting hot)
So next yr it is then :)

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Put it this way I pushed it faster then it went so the times wasn't great lol

My car cut out just before my 1st run whilst sitting in the fire up lane
Wouldn't restart so eventually pushed it out of the side gate
Managed to get the car restarted time later by which time I just wanted to get back home.
(Turned out just to be a corroded main fuse connection getting hot)
So next yr it is then :)
Got to love these cars.At least it got you home and time to make plans for next season,catch up then.Cheers Eric.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MT recommend 10" width rims, but I have 15x8 Compomotives as well, hence the question, so that's good to know :) Yes I will run cross plys on the front. York is too far for us, not too keen on altering the car to compromise for the handling event either lol but look forward to seeing how you get on.

I bought the tyres already fitted to the rims and have used them for over a season.They have worn evenly across the tyre so look to be OK.Cheers Eric.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts