Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just wondered how I can spend all these hundreds of points I have been getting, turns out every quarter I get some money off vouchers, cool!

Wait... £2.50 per 500 Points?

So if I pay £1.30 per Litre, if my maths is right I have to spend £650 to get £2.50 free??

:muy:

·
Seasoned Member
941 Posts
Or £2.50 off fuel for every 500 points. @ 2 points per litre for Vpower that's £2.50 off for every 250 litre = 1p per litre!!!

·
Seasoned Member
941 Posts
You wouldn't go out of your way to fill up at a Shell station so you could save 1p per litre! Or maybe some plank actualy does???

·
Registered
761 Posts
I've had a shell card for years. I only ever got one voucher for £5 yet I fill up weekly. Arseholes.

·
1 of 225. 11th April 2010
950 Posts
they just keep on sending me vouchers to gain more points, and never tell me what i can spend them on! :(

·
1 of 225. 11th April 2010
950 Posts
also, where are you shlags getting V.power for £1.30? its £1.41 here in cambs at the moment

·
4,870 Posts
its crap the shell rewards because they just send you your 2.50 without you asking them to then u have to spend it but i like to save my points up then buy something decent ie full tank of fuel lol

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
pointless. did it for a bit then just gave up on it all. First time round i got a chunk off as i'd been collecting points on the card but never sorted it with my address. I got a £16 off voucher... ooooooo.

i filled up for a quarter and used the "200 points if you fill up with 25ltrs+" vouchers that i got with my £16 ...and at the end of all that barely got £4

this didn't bother me too much but what really annoyed me was now the vouchers for extra points were shite like "oooo... get a luxury car wash for £20 and get 50 points" ...or... "fill up 4 times with 30ltrs this month and get 200 points" ...or... "spend £30 in starbucks for 100 points" WITBF ?!?!?!

just go tesco now.. points on clubcard gives more and every now and again tesco chuck the 5p a litre off off voucher too.

none of it is doing us any favours though lets be honest. Would be cheaper for us as a group to purchase our own fuel directly from the middle east and bypass the 'providers' here in the uk. hmmm... now thats a website waiting to happen..

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
I really don't get what your all moaning about. If you don't want anything back then don't bother with it, it's not hard folks. Way I look at is I have to put fuel in the car anyway and they occasionally send me a voucher for a couple of quid off. I really don't understand what the problem with that is? I use those vouchers where you get bonus points, always end up with at least £5 or £7.50 voucher.

To look at the alternatives round my way. Tesco, wouldn't touch their petrol with a barge pole after multiple problems in the past, also the money i'd save with club card points I more than save buying better food in other shops. Esso, as far as i'm aware don't do anything but also don't do 99ron, BP, Esso, Texico, sainsbury, asda and the dodgy looking private one... same story.

One of my jobs for a regular income than my music is selling kitchens at B&Q, there is the same story from the trade guys using their trade discount card. "what I only get £5 off this wood, pointless having the card". My answer is always "don't use it then, makes it £5 easier for us to hit our target for day".

·
Seasoned Member
941 Posts
Scarified.
Please supply your address so we can all send you our worthless Shell Driver's Club cards that we don't want.:dogpile:

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
Lol, I say again mate, If you don't wanna use it then don't. No one is forcing you to.

As another thought for all of you, why don't you use the card but change the reward payment so the money goes to charity. Just checked for you, you can choose RSPCA, Macmillan Cancer Support or Motability.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
One of my jobs for a regular income than my music is selling kitchens at B&Q, there is the same story from the trade guys using their trade discount card. "what I only get £5 off this wood, pointless having the card". My answer is always "don't use it then, makes it £5 easier for us to hit our target for day".
this just made my day!! hahahaha!! :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Lol, I say again mate, If you don't wanna use it then don't. No one is forcing you to.

As another thought for all of you, why don't you use the card but change the reward payment so the money goes to charity. Just checked for you, you can choose RSPCA, Macmillan Cancer Support or Motability.
Totally agree mate. I got a shell card and a B n Q trade card. Use them a lot tbh. If your gonna buy it anyways then why not have a bit off? Might "only" be a few quid but its better in your tank or pocket than there's. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts