Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been reading about shipping Skylines to the states and the overall concensus is its a no go but what about pulling the engine and shipping them separate? Any idea how much itd be to ship it this way?

·
Registered
215 Posts
man....you are Hell bent on getting a skyline crushed...lol You can ship the engine no problem and Im pretty sure even the shell. the bad part is when you put an engine into that shell you immediately own an illegal car and if you get caught it will be crushed...its just a bad idea...but hey whats it to me..lol

You should try it and then let the rest of us know how it goes...lol

J/k

The engine you can ship in your household goods so that would be free. ( just like people take their motorcycles in there household goods). the shell is prolly the same as a car though. I dont see any reason for it to be much cheaper.

You should buy a 97 GTR and just legally import it. probably your easiest option

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Just for information in case you overlooked it there is a thread about importing to US in the US section. :)

·
To many hobbies!!
180 Posts
I think it would be cheaper to pay the 25,000 and get your car legally to the US.

No hazzle, no illegal documents, if you really want it you have to pay for it.
Actually its $34,000....unless the price lowered in the last year.....I have over 3 years of research in this before mine got totaled....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts