Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Always sideways
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This, unfortunately, is what happens when I get creative.

I bought a Megan Racing short shift kit having been in contact with a Skyline owner in Canada. He arranged for the purchase and shipping which saved a fortune - I also thought it was a chance to have something a little different.

Unfortunately, despite his assurances and step-by-step instructions, I (and incidentally my handy local tuner) cannot make this work on my car. It fits, but doesn't come back out of gear once it's in. Not much use unless I want to drive around in first gear. Forever. :(

I am forced to sell it to try recoup some of the money, and then buy another short-shifter that will actually fit and work!

This will fit Nissan 200SX's S13 S14 S15 and n/a Skyline's and is the kit pictured below. If anybody knows of anyone with a 200SX that might be interested please get them to email me [email protected] or PM on here and I'll get in touch with them.

Cheers.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Im sure it must be the instalation thats the prob mate. For it to stay in 1st gear will be because the ball on the end with nylon washer round it has been allowed to go down too far in the gear selector. Its the large alloy "o ring" that has to sit down first which in turn should bring the ball on the end up to the correct depth. You should be able to see this by fiddling around abit before locking everything down.
I have done a few now and they can be a pain but with a bit of a fiddle they work a treat!:cheers:

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
If you are gonna fit this mate then id do what i did, and fone Nissan and get another one of the plastic bushes that go on the end of the shifter because the one it comes with falls off and ends up in the gearbox!!!

There about £4 ish and the part number is: 32861-01G300 Bush-Control LE (7226)

·
4,143 Posts
i have one of these and it reduces the trow by a long way but you must put a nissan bush in as theone supplyed in the kit can rattle and like mine might split but i have got 3 at home as they are cheap to get.
the short shift feels very nice to use and everyone who has tryed it though its great.

·
Always sideways
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right. I've had a crack at this today - without much success. Basically the kit looks like it's on but changing gears causes the stick to hit the square metal bracket. I've now broken the plastic spacer forcing it around and down. I'm tearing my hair out!

Can anybody let me know if there's anything else really obvious I'm missing? :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts