Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,

just bought a R32 gtst with 126 k km on the clock. Drives superb, dont leaks oil or anything and turbo spools up very fast.

Now ive done a compression test ( on a cold engine ) and all the figoures were around 120-130 psi

is this ok orrr... : )

cheers

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
ah yea about the mark for cold rb20 id say your gauge may be out of calibration, more important for you is that none of the cylinders were very different

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
does the car drive with plenty power, no smoke and idle smoothly and burns very little oil? if so i wouldnt worry at all

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
just condensation in the exhaust... now leave it alone or you'll break it like the rest of us on here lol

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,041 Posts
now leave it alone or you'll break it like the rest of us on here lol
:funny:

as whats been said already the cylinder comprsssion ratios all seem similar sounds heathy mate enjoy whilst it lasts :D

trust me, when mine went tits up a full engine rebuild came later...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:funny:

as whats been said already the cylinder comprsssion ratios all seem similar sounds heathy mate enjoy whilst it lasts :D

trust me, when mine went tits up a full engine rebuild came later...
But isn't this low compression bad? (it was on a cold engine though...)

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
What was the compreesion on all the cylinders mate? as long as there all roughly the same you dont have any thing to worry about.:)

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
are you opening the throttle?

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
just leave it alone lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sort this out monday i dont really have all that knowledge all i know is that the compression was way too low, i'll keep you informed , thx for advice allready !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts