Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit an all time high 0.75 this morning. I've heard that the ceramic turbo can only safely take 0.8.

Is 0.8 a safe max or is it terminal level?

What's gonna happen when if I exceed the maximum, will it be and instantaneous bang or something more subtle?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
seriously dont think you have a problem mate at that boost pressure. Just on colder mornings you will draw more boost.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hit 0.8 BAR (11.60304 PSI) this morning! and I wouldn't say that the ambient temp is even that cold yet!

The above article states that 9-11 PSI is the safe level for a RB25DET.

So what needs to be done to control this guys? The above says something about getting someone to check it on a dyno?

What should be my first course of action?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
If you are running a power FC turn your biases down within the boost section, or if you are running a boost controller set it to a lower setting on a day like this.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
So are you looking at your boost gauge ?
Do you have an accurate boost gauge ?

I find standard ones are quite off.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Na I have a turbo timer, which records the peak boost reached.

After you advised me to keep my eye on creeping boost, I set it to warn me when I went over 0.66, which was the highest I had reached previously.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
ah i see, ok it depends on what you going to do mod wise ?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To be honest I am really happy keeping her at stage 1.

I wasn't planning to do anything other than dispose of the silly Jap sized seats!

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
i would say just get a boost controller then :)

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
I'm starting to get quite worried about mine too now to be honest. When I first got the GTR I was only hitting 0.90 bar boost now I'm hitting 0.97. Just need to make sure I don't get over 1.0 bar. If I do it's time to buy a boost controller me thinks.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
yes indeed.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
they arent expensive depends which one you go for isnt it.

Do you go for one that does what you want or do you go for a rolls royce ? Its your choice.....

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:rolleyes: dam, you kinda got me there, I do seem to be attracted by brand names:rolleyes:

Blitz do one (which looks nice :D ) for over £500 :eek: :eek:

Maybe I'll shut up and go bargain hunting. Any suggestions on things to aim for or avoid like the plague

1 - 20 of 21 Posts