Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...whazz up
i am trying to decide if i should tackle this next project myself:uhoh:

to fit these 3 items......is it a difficult job physically....like do i need a garage pit and so on or is it not soo difficult...
what do ye reckon lads....should i or leave it to the experts:naughty:

im not that stupid you know:eek7: ....i will have a go at anything once:uhoh:

ta
kieran

·
bla
17,374 Posts
where did you get them from mate, and how much??!
Cheers

Personally i wouldnt do this myself............ id never forgive myself if i did something wrong....

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
you could do damage if you don't get i right, imo it's best left to someone who knows what they are doing

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nengun bud.............:ylsuper:

awesomegtst

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
I'm all for a bit of DIY spanner work myself and in theory it ain't too hard but if i thought about the consequences of a cock up on a job like this i would be thinking - Nah! leave it to the the experts!
But if you do it then make sure you do nice write up! :)

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jamie....i have no idea m8...i would have thought that Nengun ...who sold me the parts would have only sold an exhaust pulley if what you say is true.....
only time will tell... i bloody well hope the two of them will sit side by side or else all this has been a waste of time

:bash:

cheers
awesomegtst
www.awesomegtst.bebo.com

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hello K......man if i dont get off this computor my wife said she is going next door:funny:
is the vvti the brass piece sticking out on the intake pulley...i had to drill a hole in the clear cover for it to make the clear cover fit?
to be honest Keith i dont want to tempt fate and make S*** of my engine...i am happy enuf with the clear cover and maybe just fit the coloured belt....
i can twist on the 2 cam pulleys......what do ya think....

kieran
www.awesomegtst.bebo.com

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
all i know about it is i had solid lifters on one of my gts's and we done away with the vvt, so it is possible. kieran i would just put the belt on mate, its less hassle. jamie im not an expert on all this mate, i only know a small a certain amount, im always willing to learn, hence why i spend a fair bit of time working on mine mate. the proof is looking at my old gts and yr see its possible mate.....;)

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:iagree:
im erring on the side of caution.....:bigthumb:
if you know of anybody with a GTR and wants a set....you know where to send them.......
oops here comes the wife:cuddle:
cheers m8
www.awesomegtst.bebo.com

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You are correct keith...it can be done...the midlands rep here i Ireland is waiting on his parts so he can do it and he has also seen it done on another GTST before......:bigthumb:
i thought as much becos why then would nengun sell adj pulleys for a GTST if it could not be done.....

watch this space

kieran

1 - 17 of 17 Posts