Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the choice, would you rather have 200kg removed from your car(hyperthetically) or a paint job in the colour of your choice( not just for resale value) to showroom condition.

basically im asking what do care more about....how it looks? or how it goes?

no sitting on the fence kids, one or the other..

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
For me GO allllll the way.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
personally id lose the weight off the car...

·
Registered
5,036 Posts

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
depends on what the output is at already,anything above 350 then i would go for a bit of show as 350 is plenty for the road

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
i just want mine to GO......and i mean JUST GO.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
which one

Well skylines are surposed to be fast so dont dissapoint um that was my frist job banging out over 400 bhp now im gonna start on the bodywork and maybe 200kg lighter

shed

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Mine's at 500 horse

So I'll take the paint job. Ta.

200 kilos out of the car is a serious strip and would make it less reasonable as a main car.

You should add option 3 for a 150 horse & 100 ft/lb performance upgrade.

That's my route. Done power upgrades & mechanicals, now I can start on the cosmetics.

·
Carbon Addict
1,430 Posts
Well, I did a succession of engine mods from new ending up with a Middlehurst UK500 conversion.

I then bought a Top Secret hand built RB28 and added the OSG sequential - currently running around 700BHP. (Although it's now undergoing the tweenie touch so we'll see what happens next...)

For me it's definitely go before show!

To loose 200kg is a massive effort, definitely take it away from a streetable car, in that I mean it'd be uncomfortable, not illegal.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts