Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any 1 got any ideas of what is wrong with my car ?

When i put my foot down it splutters like its only running on 5cylinders if i just take my time it runs ok but has cut out on me once uptp yet. :(

·
Registered
953 Posts
what boost u running ??? could be boost cut if running .9 bar of boost ????

lee

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Sparkplugs??? fuel pump on its way out?? when you put your foot down does it fell like its trying to go but is being held back??

·
Registered
220 Posts
Is the car making boost? What is the vacuum pressure at idle? Does it run really rich when hesitating?

·
Registered
104 Posts
As you can see by the wide and varied amount of answers without you being a little more specific its a hard question to answer.

The GTSt has a tendency to miss just as peak boost comes in at about 4-5000rpm especially at full throttle. In can be a problem associated with the high KV (firing voltage) at this point.

There is a number of reasons and a number of cures for this fault, the more info you provide the closer we can get to an answer.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
last i heard from Marv is he was going to throw some new plugs at it to start with. I found out some more of how it happened too, it would seem he had been giving it some stick when it just went flat and started spluttering. I just havent seen him online since

Paul

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
One melted spark plug later and all is fine in the Marv garage

Paul

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
he is lucky the melted end of the sparc plug didnt stay in his engine.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The question is though .....wht did it burn the tip off the spark plug?

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
id put my money on too high a boost level and not enough injector capacity.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
run lean, too much heat.. la la la , not enough petrol....

Detonation........ bye bye mr spark plug tip...........

:aka47:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts