Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
'NISMO' 350GT
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now had my 350 for a week and still learning loads about it :)
One point I am not keen on, is that the front sidelight strip is rather dim - I assume the covers are smoked - is there a brighter upgrade at all? How easy is it to remove strip and replace?

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,159 Posts
led bulb will make a difference, but wont light up all the strip I don't think.
not something I've done yet but bulbs ready to fit, wheel arch liner off and change the bulb is suppose to be the easiest way to do it.

·
'NISMO' 350GT
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will have a look into it - I like the tinted lens covers, just want brighter side light strips. there must be an upgrade that will brighten the whole strip somewhere out there :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Have a look on g35driver.com at some of the projector retrofit threads.
You would need to open up the headlight and modify it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I agree with Gilly. On G35driver you might find some info. I have some retrofit headlights that I had redone in the US, with quad projectors and halo iron man rings. I'm not sure if that type of service is available the UK anywhere though. I could be wrong. I'm using a different set-up now and have been looking at known website on the G35driver forums called clearcorners.com They do high quality custom work for both headlights and taillights, but its expensive. Another site to look at is One-eight NYC. You might have to google that one though. They do nice custom work to including various painting of the headlights. Even if you don't press forward with anything, both sites are good to look at for ideas.

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Although I did remove the headlight lenses when I sprayed the inside satin black, I didn't get around to fitting a super bright LED strip which is what a lot of people do in the US, I just had a super bright LED side light bulb, which helped a little, but did not look the same.

·
'NISMO' 350GT
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys - I will keep a look out for options. I like the idea of super bright Audi type strips, but not keen on dismantling a perfectly working light just for aesthetics lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts