Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

whilst working on the car the other day. I thought I’d check the ECU to see if it looked stock or if it had been changed or signs of any changes. Here is the a below picture.
F1E4C790-1ECE-4E19-84BB-77D378A425C9.jpeg

With no clue I would say that’s a normal ECU ?
However the car has:
Full decat exhaust system.
Apexi intake/Filter
Splitfire coilpack
Would it be a good chance that the previous owner has just bolted these on without any remap ?

Any help on this would be great cheers all.

Ash

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's a normal ECU which cannot be remapped so unless you open it up and look for a piggyback circuit board (Nistune) there's no 100% way of knowing just by looking at it in situ.

You don't need a remap for an exhaust, intake and coilpacks. You only need a remap when you change boost levels, MAF, turbo and so on, you can do it sooner by all means for power and a smoother drive but if none of these have been done then Id assume not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a normal ECU which cannot be remapped so unless you open it up and look for a piggyback circuit board (Nistune) there's no 100% way of knowing just by looking at it in situ.

You don't need a remap for an exhaust, intake and coilpacks. You only need a remap when you change boost levels, MAF, turbo and so on, you can do it sooner by all means for power and a smoother drive but if none of these have been done then Id assume not.
Thanks Sargara,

Yea the engine bay looks pretty standard and there's no other signs of performance modifications.

Thank you for the response (y)

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts

actually i have a standard ecu that has been remapped so i could keep all the standard features of the ecu,even if you opened it up you wouldnt see whats been done

and the above mods only need a battery reset

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually i have a standard ecu that has been remapped so i could keep all the standard features of the ecu,even if you opened it up you wouldnt see whats been done

and the above mods only need a battery reset
Thanks for the reply SPEEDR33PER,

Stupid question alert battery reset ? This literally meaning disconnecting the battery for a while and then reconnecting it.

Ash

1 - 5 of 5 Posts