Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at possibly replacing my shock absorbers/dampers in the near future sometime. I would imagine that the life of my dampers would be affected due to the slight drop that I have. I could be wrong since the drop is fairly mild.

I'm running 350Z H-techs that drop the car 0.9 in the front and 0.6 in the rear.

The wheels are 19x9 front, 19x10 rear.

Tires are 245/35's up front and 275/35's in the rear.

When the car was at around 150K miles, I had the dampers replaced with Tokico blue dampers. I remember the tech telling me that the OEM dampers still looked good. The Tokico blues were made for an OEM spring set-up so with my slight drop, I would figure that the dampers are always a bit compressed due to the drop and the life expectancy would be affected as well.

Are there any definitive signs when the dampers need replacing for our cars? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Worn dampers will normally show up as the ride getting more harsh, it will also make the rear feel loose at high speeds and quick direction changes, the latter is more noticeable as the every day stuff you get used to as it happens slowly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts