Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been looking into getting a performance exhaust for my GTR for a little while and I thought the HKS silent power would be the one for me, I found one on ebay and thought I had a bargin... Turned up a few days ago and I couldn't believe the size of the tailpipe or the bore of the system, Its HUGE! While this is good for power and made a nice difference when fitted its way too loud for me (in and out of the car), I need to make things quieter for my hearings sake (my daily drive is a 60mile round trip!) and I think I would struggle to make the noise limits on track days. What other systems are there that are truly quiet?
The other option is making the one I have quieter,
I want to decat the system but I'm scared this will make it even louder, has anyone fitted a silencer instead of a decat pipe and did it make much difference?
Also if I can get hold of a cone / bung for the tailpipe would that quieten it down much or would the noise inside the car get worse?
Sorry for the long post but please help if you can!

Cheers, craig :cheers:

·
Registered
812 Posts
alrite dude, i got a apexi megafone on mine which i wanted thinking its was gina be loud as fook , but its got some jap noise regulation on it meaning its quite as fook, if you fancy a swap let me know. (not that i even know if it would fit or not) lol

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could be interested in that mate... If I still have it fitted at the next meet we could compare the sounds. I think these japs need to learn how to translate properly, Silent = loud, megaphone = quiet! :wtf:

·
Registered
812 Posts
I could be interested in that mate... If I still have it fitted at the next meet we could compare the sounds. I think these japs need to learn how to translate properly, Silent = loud, megaphone = quiet! :wtf:
lol... yea mate if you down my way any time give me a ring mate (07894757409) im around most weekends/eveninings altho im working alot this months as my car is off the road at the mo due to brakes fooked so im saving up me overtime getting them ready for japshow

·
Registered
314 Posts
If it helps,I've got two R33 gts's. One has a HKS Silent High Power system,the other a HKS Super Dragger which is much quieter

·
Registered
441 Posts
apexi exhaust control valve FTW

TBH, RB's tend to be very noisy when the exhaust is changed regardless of what you buy - my RB20 still has the original front pipe and "only" a 4 inch back box and it's STILL fooking loud

·
Registered
812 Posts
so im asuming hks silent is gona be LOUD,,, mines well quite till you hit 5k rpm then it makes a bit of a noise lol, but want somewthing thats gona scare little old ladies as i go past, rattle the fillings out of my teeth,

I WANT TO HEARD, lol

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
For quiteness you wil not beat the Greddy/trust extreme power mine was only 87db at my last track day, there's not a track i cant get on.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KG @ R33 GTR, did you feel any loss in power from fitting the bung in your exhaust?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts