Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
gttjohn
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i used to own a gtt but being a spa i sold it any way i then bought a subaru but it never put a foot wrong and being honest was a good car but boring ,,then i bought a diesel avensis and i fu***n hated that so now im thinking of buying a 200 sx s 14 i think they look cool and they are rwd and nissan ,they can be tuned easly what do you guys think are they buckets of shite or are they cool little cars please tell me all you might know ,,,,,,,,,,,,,as i dont want to buy rx8/tt225/bmw of any kind /or legacy tt/... thanks for looking

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,604 Posts
I have had 3 s14a's and loved them. Great crack, go for an 14a as way better looking.

·
gttjohn
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the quick replies guys whats the difference s14 s14 a black top red top just a quick bit of knowledge if ya have it at hand

·
Finally enjoying the car
373 Posts
I've got a 14a in green, and tbh I chose that over the skyline gts, smaller lighter and a lot of fun, the main drawback is oil starvation like the skylines, if you get a standard one, a z32 maf, bigger injectors, fmic, bigger turbo, exhaust and de-cat, good map and 300-350bhp is straight on tap. Have a look on "sxoc" (same user name on there too) And they are really holding their prices now.

·
Registered
490 Posts
s14a's are a bastid for rusting at the front of the rear wheels and round the sill. Ive yet to see an s14a that didnt suffer from it.

I had an r33 gtst, sold it and bought the s14a. I immediately wanted my skyline back. Within a few months i sold the 14a and bought another skyline which i still have today. Supose you could say im just a skyline man.

·
Finally enjoying the car
373 Posts
Yeah the "scowl" as for the rust issue, yup that's true, so undersealing after decent prep is a priority, (but thats where i start with every car) aside from that I think they're brill, obviously there are good uns and bad uns, oh and if your anything over 5'8 you'll struggle to get adults in the back.

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,604 Posts
thanks for the quick replies guys whats the difference s14 s14 a black top red top just a quick bit of knowledge if ya have it at hand
S14 front

S14a front

There is other differences, tail lights, interior etc
Red top engine is only in the 180sx as fair as i remember.
180 also a great buy, but avoid a s13 200sx like the clap.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had an s14 K spec, must be 5 or 6 years ago now. Fresh import from japan at the time, was a minter, great fun. It's the one car i'm always sorry i sold, and always keep an eye out on the classifieds, cos i'd defo buy it back. Engines get a bit soft when you get to about 350 hp. In standard form they are every bit as quick as a standard rb25 skyline, but aren't as tuneable.

·
Registered
636 Posts
i had and s14a and loved it! standard suspension, standard wheels, 3 inch line, a tight diff and a smile from ear to ear everytime i got in it!
so much fun!
i prefere the older s14 though, big dishy wheels slammed and treated like a cheap slut, nice

but would still have a skyline over it

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts
S14A is far nicer and not as round as the S14

SR20DET is a great engine but can suffer from oil starvation, very tuneable

TDP.ie do alot of custom parts of them

what about an S15 SpecR, same engine and looks even nicer again

1 - 20 of 52 Posts