Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
She lives again.
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...sorry for this if it proves to be a repost. Search found everything but for me.

2 weeks of new ownership enjoyment and rebuild time already. Somehow the oil evaporated without me noticing and rebore and replace the recently replaced pistons - ho hum!

Anyway back to the topic, in for a penny etc... I've see this single TB manifold complete with 80mm TB that "looks" just good enough to work.

Basically on my GT-R33 previously dynoed at 485BHP would it provide any significant improvement in drivabillity/torque/power? Just how much of a 'mare would it prove to be.

Under the original manifold is a device that I haven't been able to successfully identify - can you assist? (circled)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3334903395/

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
ITB's are great, better than single IMO

at one point or another though you need to increase the diameter of the TB(s) and thats where the singles come in

i didnt think that point was at <700bhp?

·
She lives again.
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So judging from the lack of resources on this topic best to be avoided unless you're a tuner with unlimited £££ to get it right? I don't want to waste time going down this avenue if it's pointless. I don't know the original TB diameter but I can't believe there's enough cross-sectional difference even factoring spindle thickness gains vs a single 80mm TB.

Anyone care to explain any differently, otherwise that's money that can go elsewhere, probably maintenance? :sleepy:

Cheers
Jen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts