Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you will have found out, the site has been off-line this afternoon to allow us to update the site. As I`m sure you have already seen there are a few cosmetic changes as well as some you can`t see. The main changes are :-

Logon Prompt has been moved to the top of the page to allow quicker access.

On-line status glows to allow you to easily see what other users are online.

Private message folder has been moved to the top to allow quicker access and will also flash to alert you of new pm`s.

The private massage system has been updated to allow you to see all your folders from the main screen as well as viewing your quota.

Similar threads. Whilst reading a thread you may find upto 4 other threads listed at the bottom which may contain similar content to the current thread. Very useful when trying to search on a particular subject

Board usage stats have been added at various points to give people some idea of whats most viewed etc.

Quick reply option. Allows you to reply to messages quickly without the need to click reply etc.

On-line Chat. Allows up to 40 users to chat with each other live online. I recommend maybe putting a post up and arranging a time to meet other users in the chat room.

Photo gallery. Allows you to post pictures in the gallery and your own personal photo album. Normal users have a 1mb limit and Club Members have 5mb of space. Note only club members can post in the members gallery.

Many other small improvements to the user interface have been made to make things easier to use.

As normal we will continue to develop the site but in the meantime if you find anything not quite right or you are having trouble please mail me. Also any new ideas for the site are always welcomed.

Thankyou for your support.

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
I like the new layout.. seems everything is where it sxhould be all easy to see and work.... Well done guys

E

·
0 Posts
Wow this is the nuts. Like this quisk reply thing. Cool. Not had a proper look round yet but bloody good work guys

·
Registered
288 Posts
You’ve done a nice job!
Browsing around seems to be faster even with a slow connection.
Very well done!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers Guys, We have tried to make some of the images a little smaller to help people who are on modem connections (me included) as well as making it easier and quicker to navigate your way around the board :D

The chat room seemed to go down well last night too so I`m hoping to see that in use a fair amount.

I also noticed a few of the guys have posted pictures in the gallery.

We are glad you like the changes and we will continue to change bits as we go along.

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Wow having just spent a bit of time in the gallery section i've gotta say you've really done an excellent job...i'm almost shocked well worth the wait...:)

·
Old Member
814 Posts
Didn't think this came under Skyline topic, so comments in general chat section, still great job though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts