Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive tried to be as laid back as possible when it comes to dealing with other people and their driving, but i cant take much more.
The skyline needs bits, cambelt kit & 2 rear shocks which comes to around £250. and thats just to start that list.
but the whole emotion behind this rant, is these window licking commuters we have to deal with each day.

Its not far to my work, I have done it in 14 minutes and thats keeping to the correct speed limits; but because of these muggy scenery scoping idiots, it takes everyone at least 40mins.

Why do they do 20mph in 30mph areas, 40 mph in national speed limits? at one point on the way back tonight, one car was going so slow, i could have left mine idle in fifth, got out and driven his car for him!!!!! WHY???? why do they do this? there was nothing in front of him for at least 2 mile that i could see (except oncoming traffic)

All people want to do is get home, its called "RUSH HOUR" so why doesnt anyone do exactly that? Right foot down, simples!!!!

Then theres junctions (joining to main roads from side roads), what do we do at these, when we are on the main road? oh we'l slam our anchors on, causing a knock on effect behind, and then carry on as if nothing happened... wtf??? wasnt even a car there or approaching

and then my favourite of all time, lets block entrances/ exits, and roundabouts so as to cause hold ups and ques of traffic everywhere. people cant get in, or out, so roads are blocked, its not rocket science, ive been driving for 14 years and have done a very good job of paying attention to stuff that goes on around me, and how my actions could potentially screw it right up for someone else, why do all these other people not get the gist of it?

My view on the national speed limit is this - we are restricted to between 15-30 mph in most built up areas, which obviously makes sense, but when we get to that 60 limit, or 70, I want to do exactly that, and not get stuck behind some clueless twerp thats probably drumming their fingers on the steering wheel casually looking (or are they licking?) out the window, pondering what theyl have for supper/tea/dinner.

Oh then theres the other one (you all thought id finished lmao), the whole blatantly going over 30mph in a 30, scowling and frowning at me when im the pedestrian, but when my R33 is burbleing away at 30mph, in a 30, these f**** are the first to make a scene "oh the noise the noise"... my conversations are usually short and end in off with these people.

right had a little erm, rant, hope it amuses someone, i feel a bit better for it :)
feel free to join in with it, i know im not the only one :D

:cheers:

·
Taking control of the drum machine
835 Posts
Agreed. I get at least 3 of these a day - might set a little camera up and montage a weeks worth.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I know your pain !!! But you forgot 1, this has been almost every night this week so far driving home in the skyline.

People that want to race.

Saturday, Little red euro box thing right up my backside then overtakes
Sunday didn't go to work so missed what was in store that night
Monday Blue Saxo, Same thing
Today M3 Same thing ( ok would have had a play)

But due to missfires I am making my way off boost and minding my own business.

Lets see what tomorrow brings !!

·
Seasoned Member
1,952 Posts
not gonna help to your rant.... read in the paper this week that a lot of country lanes governed by a national speed limit will be reduce to a 50MPH instead. This has already happened to a stretch of road near me on the first stretch of the A602 coming off the A10 leading to the first mini roundabout then it's still national speed limit all the way to stevenage. :crazy:

oh and i had someone doing 20 YES 20!!!! MPH all the way up this stretch of road with no chance of an overtake at the time

·
Turbo kicked in yo!
372 Posts
not gonna help to your rant.... read in the paper this week that a lot of country lanes governed by a national speed limit will be reduce to a 50MPH instead. This has already happened to a stretch of road near me on the first stretch of the A602 coming off the A10 leading to the first mini roundabout then it's still national speed limit all the way to stevenage. :crazy:

oh and i had someone doing 20 YES 20!!!! MPH all the way up this stretch of road with no chance of an overtake at the time

Yep- nearly every stretch of 60mph road that i use on a daily basis is now down to 50!!! i mean come on! 10mph its hardly worth it!!!!

The other thing to watch for is the tail gaters that get angry at YOU when you brake test them for being half an inch away from your bumper even though you are doing the speed limit!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh and the pr1ck5 that pull out in front of you on a roundabout, and flip you the bird like your in the wrong

an speaking of the brake light crew, nah im not going there tonight lol

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
Ah the brake light crew. Had one of those the other day. He must have heard me rev my engine to pop off a few flames as i came under a bridge so decides he's gonna drive at said 20mph. The toss squad really are out in force recently

·
Jammy Git
2,180 Posts
I hate the aresholes that drive at 40 mph in the 60's and then hit a village and keep going at 40 all the way through even if the 20 mph school lights are on!
I also hate all of the above too.

·
NBOOST
3,309 Posts
little chavs on hairdryers (scooters). They fly down the middle of the traffic at lights and then race off when they go green. then they get upto there top speed of 30mph and your stuck at there speed.
Then theres the times that they get stuck behind you. I spend quite a lot of time on the road at work in a transit and all they seam to do is play hide and seek in my mirrors or find the bit down the side of the van that the blind spot mirror just doesn't quite cover.

There should be a proper test for hairdryers the CBT is pathetic. the only way you seam to be able to fail it is not turn up.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
little chavs on hairdryers (scooters). They fly down the middle of the traffic at lights and then race off when they go green. then they get upto there top speed of 30mph and your stuck at there speed.
They tend to get the message after a couple of little nudges :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
guys, your forgetting the hair dryer squad are both indestructable and immortal, and they hold the ultimate power and answers to lifes questions lmao

·
female skyline owner
476 Posts
oh i get so frustrated at this too, people do not understand the national speed limit sign at all, if anyone knows brands hatch and death hill with the speed camera half way down the hill will no how annoying and dangerous it is..

that hill is clearly marked as national speed limit ive gone threw that speed camera at 60mph about a million times!!!
but people slammin there brakes on from 60 down to 40mph sometimes even 30mph for this camera resulting in you nearly stuffing them up the arse!! and when you beep and over take them they look at me as if am in the wrong!!!

I also drive a bus for a living and people driving slow pisses me off too 30 in a 40 etc.. I HAVE A TIMETABLE TO KEEP TO!!! I end up nearly pushing them along.. also i notice when i go on the motorway in my bus at the end of the day back to my depot having to over take cars!!(or sometimes undertaking middle lane hoggers!!) mostly driven by old people or other women (im a women driver myself btw) sitting on top of the steering wheel doing 50mph on a motorway, my bus is restricted to 57mph so if you find yourself being overtaken by a poxi bus on the motorway your going far too slow!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR

:minigun:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts