Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
That could have been one of a thousand things.

Blowout
Brakes locked up
Dip in the road surface you can't see and the car grounded badly
Oil/Fuel patch

Send him a message and ask him ;)

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
Brings back memories of the A404 and a marked up Astra estate!

One rear blow out and a few reams of A4 later it was all sorted!

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
looks like he came to the crest of the hill, car went all light and he lost it?

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
As Hongkongphoie says, it looks like he came to the crest of the hill and the rear left brake bit on a bit to hard and started a spin, at that speed it'll be well hard to control.

It's so important that your brakes are checked for track days.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Thats that sorted then but here is another one.

Top speed runs on a runway, the guy had just done a 187mph run in his EVO (Evo 9 600bhp) But decided he would get more speed removing the rear spoiler, SO less downforce less drag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0oJ2wQiu2Y

With the aid of the data logging i've just got emailed from DaveG (nice one ) when i lifted at 183mph it only took 5mph for it to become unstable, and went into a full spin at 168 mph.

·
Registered
491 Posts
if this is a gtr,when you come off the trottle, the car goes from 4wd with power to rear wheel breaking.i normally use this to start to steer a gtr,then power out a bend.only a possibility for the cause of the loss of control of course.

·
Registered
68 Posts
looks like he just hit a rut or something... cuz i think i saw the wheel jerk slightly... musta then just lost control, then he was stuffed. I dont know tho... just taking a stab in the dark. But whatever it was its a bummer that it happened, is always sad wen a skyline crashes no matter how bad :shakehead:

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Bet hes glad he slowed down due to the spins otherwise it could of been a worse crase..

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Suspension was probably badly set up on that evo, along with no downforce on the rear from removing the wing, game over.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Suspension was probably badly set up on that evo, along with no downforce on the rear from removing the wing, game over.
As said Bruce the first run with spoiler went fine 187mph no problems (Thats some speed for an EVO or any 4pot LOL) But with the spoiler removed there was no down force so when he let off all the weight shifted to the front leaving the back end to do what it wished, hence the spin. bloody lucky it was on a runway and nothing to give it that minor bump and make it flip, I'd sure be be drinking a few beers, kissing the kids goonight and humping the wife big time after that LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts