Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!

Need some good advice here.

Just been down to GT-ART getting my reverse switch fitted and Gary has put an idea in my head (damn damn damn damn damn!).

The dilemma is...

I can get my hands on an R33 GTS-T (manual) which is GT-ART tuned and maintained to 342BHP with all sortsa toys on it for a very fair price. However, I have spent a small fortune on my idiot-wagon and, sad but true, I love my car. Not likely to see 342 BHP out of it in the near future though :(

So, what do I do?

The R33 needs a bodykit and some 'jazzing up' in my inimitable style, which isn't really an issue, the main thing is that I just don't know [puts on flame retardant jacket and tin hat] if I am a big fan of the shape of the R33. Could I learn to love it?
Its 5 years younger than my R32, but twice as much on the odometer, although its had a rebuild, steels and forged pistons etc etc. so the mileage I guess is not a factor.

On the other hand, its newer, quicker, and has (I think) much more potential for eating other cars alive.

Advice needed (and no dragon-bashing or Neon-slagging!)......

I could always keep mine and save for a GTR, but the odds of me saving cash are about the square-root of F-all, and I have no patience, just a need for more ponies.

·
Registered
953 Posts
hi r33s are great fun is it andys old gts ??? that was awsome car

lee

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno

whose it was. Needs some TLC (but nowhere near what mine did!) but is a sound car. It s the look of the car more than anything else, I love the lines of the R32 and R34 (can't afford one yet), but the R33 is just not yelling out to me in the same way.....

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
I like your R32.......its all a matter of personal pref, and only a decision that you can make....but if you just want a faster car at the end of the day, get the R33 as its been modded.....:)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm...

Think I will stick with my R32, spent a lot of time and energy toying with it, and while it may not be the quickest thing out there, the fact remains that it's not often driven as hard as it will go anyway, so do I really need more power? Would be fun to have another project car though, but ultimately I think I will hold off for a year and then go for a GTR.

E

·
0 Posts
Thats my plan. Im not gonna sell mine untill i can afford a GTR.

Although id suggest taking the R33 out for a spin though & see how it feels. If your like me as soon as you feel the power you`ll just have to have it:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
dont know if you have tried out an R-34 but i love mine to pieces, its the best handling car ive ever driven and im only running 301 bhp at tha mo but believe me it is bloody rapid, been clocked at just over 160mph, i know its not a gtr but i cant afford to pay £35,000+ try one, you will love it! :aka47:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been

having a think and reckon I'll stick with my R32 just now, until the time comes to go for a GTR. After all, I'd just be going from one GTS to another, and I just don't think I can live with the R33's looks (no offence intended!).

·
On The Far Side...
203 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean about the looks of the R33 - the "roundness" is not to everyones liking. Still it is an excellent car though, and I enjoyed every moment in mine (R33 GTS) - but I have to say that getting into an R34 (or R32 for that matter) and you instantly have this "feeling" that you're getting into something nimbler and quicker than a 33....

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not

had the pleasure of the R34 experience yet, but don't have the budget anyway so no rush there......

R32 GTS it is for a while yet I suspect, unless I get a good offer on it!

·
On The Far Side...
203 Posts
I dunno so much - I guess it depends on what you're after. A R34 GTR is very expensive and out of the price range of all but the fortunate few:(

The R34 GTT, however, can be bought for a VERY good price (especially here in Japan) and when you think it is rated at 280PS standard, its pretty quick too!

·
On The Far Side...
203 Posts
Yep, but the R34's gets the newer (and improved!;) ) RB series engine - the Neo Strait 6. As far as I'm aware nissan did some ECU tweaking and added VVT. Perhaps there were other changes to - anyone know?

The result is that, according to Nissan's figures the R34 GTT is good for 280PS stock. As far as I am aware, that figure is pretty much acurate (it's generally agreed that although the "official GTR output" is also 280PS, in reality is a lot more...)

Not a bad car, and it's cost less than half of a R34 GTR:)

Dave

·
On The Far Side...
203 Posts
Hey there, I just had a look at your homepage - you've done a great deal to your R32 - many of the mods completed in the last couple of months - I don't know that I'd want to get rid of a car I had just spent so much time and effort on!:)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dave...

While you were looking at my page I was looking at my bank....

Not going to be changing car in a hurry! Or doing any more mods for that matter either....... I am now El Skinto!

:(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts