Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as per the title how much would it cost to do some drift days in my r33 gtst
and how much to get a stage one powered r33 with coilovers to a nice drift spec car?:dogpile:

·
Premium Member
6,999 Posts
Lex is doing drift days for £50 then add the fuel (full tank) 3 or 4 sets of S/H tyres what ever you can get them for and the costs of getting there and back, works out around £200 for a good full days drifting.

R33's have enough power as standard to drift but the cost will be coilovers and a diff unless you shim it and how far you want to go with it.

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have coilovers but i could shim my diff.
sounds quite expensive but i bet once you do it it al seams worth it?

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
you can get tyres at santa pod if your drifting there £5 a tyre and £5 a change over and a £1 for disposal £11 a rim is what it costs then £50 for the session then petrol, bye the way you can drift in any car dosent have to be skyline anything cheap and chearful will do

·
Oh how skint can i get!
437 Posts
It not too costly to get to stage 1, but either welding or changing diff is a must for doin skidz. Just ask BIG C, hard work on stando diff but easy and loads of fun with a 2way!!
Really u can get buy wth just diff and coilovers for a start, tyres, run either 16's or 17's cheap and well easy to get hold of.

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im only running 17's anyway and have coilovers so just the diff but does this make it hard to drive on the road?

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
the 2 way diff is road worthy mate, but sometimes on full lock, pulling away its a bit clonky, so you adapt yr driving to suit dave, then its just tyres, i get mine from the local garage for free, and ill go through about 4 tyres for a days drifting, plus £25 for fuel mate.......so its not to bad to be honest and its great fun, if need be come with me to one at the pod "flame and thunder" show in 2 weeks mate....:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts