Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Im really hoping someone can help. My son has just bought a Skyline. He bought it off the person who imported it from Japan. Unfortunately the DVLA has rejected the registration application for the following reasons. 1.We can’t find the “original non-UK registration certificate or export certificate”. We’ve provided photocopies of the export certificate but that is not acceptable. I’m hoping I can sort this out myself.
2.The other thing we need is “date of manufacture” “evidence must come from the manufacturer”. (I have emailed Nissan uk and Nissan Japan and they refuse to provide this). The DVLA do say that they will accept the manufacture date evidence from vehicle owners club or enthusiasts club. This is were I’m hoping someone here may be able to help. I saw a post a while ago were someone here was able to provide a build date for someone based on chassis/vin number. I really would appreciate any help, I will provide any info needed. I’m gutted for my son, who at the moment has his dream skyline parked on the drive and not able to drive it.
Kind regards
Steve.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Maybe try going back to that post and try tagging the person who answered the question. Maybe they are still an active member. Like this @Gael61

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think it was a mod called Stuarthefish. Not great at using forums but I’ll try to find the post.
Cheers.

·
Always sideways
4,241 Posts
I'm sorry to hear your son is having trouble - it must be tough having his dream car sitting on the driveway unable to take it for a spin!

If the DVLA are unwilling/unable to accept photocopies, I guess your only option is to track down the originals from the importer. If they didn't receive them, they may be able to source them from the export agent?

If you look on Nissan Skyline R34 Portal you should be able to find the specific car and its date of manufacture. I hope that helps!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks needforspeed, I’ve found the build date on the gtr register. Hopefully the DVLA will accept that. I’m chasing up trying to get the original export certificate. I’ll keep you all posted. Thanks for all the help so far. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
@StuartTheFish greetings if you're still about, your advice here may be appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts