Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just looking for inspiration regarding a full respray. Engine is on its way out so it will be a full engine bay, door shuts etc......

I'm really looking a a few pic's and possible colour codes.

I was thinking Dark purple, really dark Blue, possibly black....... but as you know almost litmitless colours to choose from and time before the car needs to be reprayed is running out!!!

Help!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
A friend of mine runs a body shop, so i'm not paying very much at all!!!

Its going to be a full two week effort though as the engine is out, doors are coming off etc.....

Its just one of those things, too many colours too choose from. I'm not after too in your face, i want something that gives a very high gloss finish (its always garaged and cleaned).

I'm looking at Dark blue, i've found an F360 in really dark lustrous blue but trying to colour match it is almost impossible!!

Keep the ideas coming people, its appreciated

·
Pist'n'broke
1,014 Posts
What about Toyota RSP?
Was just about to say Posseidon blue as found on citreon saxo's I've always loved the colour its a metalic paint and when clean and polished up is amazing also gives you different colour in different lights. But its very much like the colour above on the supra.

If I was to change the colour off my skyline I would rather chose a colour completely different.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Goy mine sprayed last year, and went for a genuine Nissan colour.
its Daytona blue (b17) and its the 350Z colour !

I think its pretty tasty !!

will try and post a pic up later

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Goy mine sprayed last year, and went for a genuine Nissan colour.
its Daytona blue (b17) and its the 350Z colour !

I think its pretty tasty !!

will try and post a pic up later
Hi,

Yeah that would be good, have you got a shot in the sunlight and one when its overcast?
:cheers:

·
Registered
451 Posts
a few i had on my phone

I will try to get some better ones for you

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Right the engine is out and the car is undergoing major prep for the full respray

here's some pics

Next job is windows out, full prep then high build the whole car. Then ready for the base coat, pearl coat and ready to be lacquered. Before she gets her new forged bottom end!!

A lot more to follow!! :bananasmile:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think its going to be BN6 (deep marine Blue first revision)

Still got a week to change my mind though!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts