Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
the fuse is only for 32 and you need to remove the prop for 33s and 34s but wouldnt be good for it in long term i think mate.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
buy a gts rwd and drop an rb26dett in it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the car that im looking for is skyline gtr r32 but i dont want the gts because is not as powerful.changing the engine will coast to much. some one told me that GRID makes a device that can change the car from awd to rwd.

i also got this:
1.Remove the 4WD fuse from the fuse box in the engine bay.
Removing the fues will cause the GTR to run in RWD until the fuse is put back in.

2. While the car is rolling, turn the car completely off (turn off turbo timer) and turn the car back on after a couple of seconds. (Try not to be going too fast when you turn the car off as you will loose the power steering and power assisted breaks.) The car will be in RWD mode until the wheels stop turning, then the 4WD will be activated again.

I have tried and tested both methods, they work fine and never caused any related problems. (apart from some bald rear tires)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I think the grid device gives you the option of splitting the torque from 50/50 right upto 100/0. The thing is that they are adjustable so if you wanted to keep the AWD for everyday use, you could then split it to a rear bias for your drifting.
The AWD drive train is still in place so a lot of extra weight.

At the end of the day you would be far better as mentioned by GtsTypeM get a rwd gtst and go from there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the thing is that i want awd because as u all know u get better handling and traction with awd, but i want to have rwd just for fun to be able to drift around if i want too. the only thing i want to know is that if i remove that fuse and run on rwd would it damage any part of the trany or engine.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
depends on what car u want mate 32,33 or 34????

·
Always Seeking Perfection
1,616 Posts
Iv a 32 GTR 4wd and have that switch fitted to the 4wd fuse, use it for drag burn outs and a little diffing. Do a seach

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so u have been doing the fuse trick except u got a switch that u flick on and off to change between awd to rwd i have heard about it do u have any links that i can see some pic and info. have u had any problems cause because of this trick or ur car runs the same.

·
Always Seeking Perfection
1,616 Posts
Yea it works fine, switch on (4wd off) and the 4wd light comes on so you know it has worked, then switch it off and light go's off (back into 4wd) but light will only go off when the car is stationary.
Be a bit silly you switching on the 4wd mid slide, could see some parts going bang.

Im off on holiday this morning so cant get you a pic of the wiring for a week :( sorry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts