·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or heard anthing about the planned Skyline GTR R35

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
the 350z is to be the new gtr but the skyline name has been dropped the R34 was the last skyline to be produced as a result prices have shot up in japan of the remaining skylines.

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Is the 350z not in the Z family and not a member of the RB clan..?

·
Registered
704 Posts
the 350Z is a member of the Z car family like the 300ZX and the 240Z of old.

The Skyline is a family of cars that now use a V6 engine and are now refered to as the V35 not R35. There will be NO GTR version, although there are now coupes and a future nismo version planned. The GTR will be a completley different car and badged as a GTR, note NOT an R35 or V35 or most importantly NOT a SKYLINE. In essence the Skyline GTR is dead.

Matt

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Surley Nissan will see the error of thier ways... they cant just drop it as it is such a cult car...

·
Registered
704 Posts
it is done. The concept GTR, the square one has been set in stone and is in the first stages of design for production. The reason they canned the Skyline GTR was that the engine wouldn't get past the emmisions laws in Europe and the US. This meant a radical engine and redesign change. PLus the GTR just didn't fit with where the 35 design was going.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, basically what everyone is saying is Nissan is using the V-6 350z platform for all of their sports cars? That really sucks. They could at least make twin turbo to kind of feel like the previous generation Skylines.

·
Registered
704 Posts
From what I can tell the new GTR may use the 350Z drive train however it will be a very powerful car, and I get the feeling that eventually it will come in a twin turbo form but at present they are still having problems signing off the design.

Matt

·
Registered
2 Posts
From what I keep hearing is all these rumors are all fake the pictures the designs all of it.

Mr GTR said in a magazine issue a few months back is not to worry the Skyline name is in good hands..

to me what he said was enough,,, I know they can make a beter car even with all the new restrictions ,, and the GTR name will live on its just going to sleep for a little while..

My idea is Nissa is been making more effort than their rivals Toyota Supra ,,

·
Registered
704 Posts
The Skyline is not the problem, that has been released and is a completely different car. I'm sure there will be a sporty version of it BUT NOT A GTR this is going to be a different car based on the GTR concept car shown (I think) at the Japanese Motorshows.

Matt

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Its the oldest thread in the world! :D

Those G35s are huge, there are a couple here at work and I have to say that the 350Z is much better looking... :(

·
MY R33 FOR SALE!!
150 Posts
Correct... in America... They don't sell Nissans there, they sell Infinity's

..just like Honda's are Acura's there now..

/Peden

1 - 18 of 18 Posts