Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I race with supra MK IV non turbo and i lost.he beat me 2meters on 1/4 mile.
Do u think my skyline is sick or is it normal.I drove on power on and O/D.Please comment my THREAD.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I race with supra MK IV non turbo and i lost.he beat me 2meters on 1/4 mile.
Do u think my skyline is sick or is it normal.I drove on power on and O/D.Please comment my THREAD.
i have a mk4 supra non turbo auto and a gtst manual and i dont think there is much diffrence in the power the gtst seems better cause its manual but other that that they both kick ass.

·
R32 2 R33 2 R34 ZTUNE PLZ
382 Posts
Not sure my mate up until yesterday after putting it into a fence had a non turbo mk4 Supra and no way could he keep up with me,And mine is stock against his with some mods.mines an auto r33 gts-t.
So i can only give my experience.

·
1996 R33 GTS-T
670 Posts
i also know a guy that had a non turbo MKIV (he later turbo'd it).

But when that thing was non-turbo it was running mid-high 15's if i remember correctly. It was a disgrace as a supra if you ask me....

So no, i wouldnt say your outcome is normal at all....

·
Wedding Photographer
3,419 Posts
The na Supras do take alot to get going, there pretty slow untill 3rd gear.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Really dont see the point in building a lovely car like the Supra and making the na version.

Whats the point in having a car that looks the part but doesnt shift?

If insurance is the reason people should wait till there no claims is built up more then get the turbo'd version.

·
4,143 Posts
you could say the same about n/a skyline but there are lots of people on here with them and are very happy!
horses for courses and it you want a more eco freindly car that you love then why not.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts

·
Wedding Photographer
3,419 Posts
If your expecting them to fast compared to a Gtr-forget it. However there faster than alot of cars out there.
I'v had one and my good lady now has one.

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
most 2ltr 16v coupes can nail an n/a supra, i know i can in my little celica, they are too heavy and produce a low amount of bhp per litre (220bhp/3ltrs = 73bhp/ltr)...

I was watching some of them do high 16s at rotorstock lol. Saying that the twin turbos could only muster high 14s and mostly 15s.

a gtst should do a twin turbo supra, let alone a non turbo imo.

·
Registered
528 Posts
The n/a MKIV only produces about 230 bhp (the same as a turboed MK3), my mechanic looks after a MKIV TT and he reckons my virtually standard (exhaust, decat, induction kit) GTS-T is a quicker car. The Supras are quite lardy cars and do take a bit to get going. My Skyline would leave my MK3 turbo for dead from a standing start and that is both cars with the same mods on them. The Supra is much more a grand tourer and good for being a comfy mile muncher. That said though there are some very fast ones out there that have been well kitted up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so i think something wrong with mine gts-t auto.maybe injectors or ignition.have to check cos this guy with MK IV pissing me off.thanks guys for coments.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts