Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Skyline Hard Acceleration cut-out

Ive been having some issues with fast acceleration on my Skyline, it seems odd but at a certain point it seems to cut-out for what seems like a split second.

If I slowly rev up to 6k rpm its fine but the instant I push it the cut-out occurs. Air filter has been replaced, and turbo has been checked.

Anyone experienced this before?

(1990 Skyline GTS)

·
Registered
760 Posts
Sounds like a bad boost leak to me, have you checked the plugs an coils aswel?

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Do you mean like flat spot?? We need more info ......... But sounds like coilpacks..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the resistance of the coils supposed to be at? in OHMs.

Its like a miss when you are hard accelerating, kinda like a backfire through the exhaust.

If you need more information than that please let me know exactly what you want and I can get you the info.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Where abouts are you mate?? Could you try someone elses coilpacks??

Now i think back, when i fit my front mount, Mine did the exact same.. Like when i put my foot down it would blow a spark out and backfire. But when i went slow it was fine. Some splitfires cured that.... So my monies on your coilpacks...

Has it started only recently.. If so then it will be the cold weather and when you turn your car on the heat that gets put through them cause them to break down..... Its happening to alot of people at the mo...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts