Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Skyline Addict
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a bad day today. Was going to the wholesalers to get some gear for a job im doing and was in their industrial estate, went to turn a corner and instead of turning the corner i slid straight into a 2 foot high curb with a railing on it.

The funny thing was my old boss was round the corner and had just crashed his van too:funny:

The damage isnt too bad but being xmas week its not the best timing. My bumper is in two pieces and my greddy frount mount is mangled:bash: The car wont start now as the fimic is wrecked so ill be walking for the next week id say.

Ill try get some pics up tomorrow when its bright.(PICS NOW UP ON NEXT PAGE)

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Gutted for you bud, always a bummer.

·
1,540 Posts
Ah no:(
I suppose now that you need a new bumper you could go for a GTR one;)
Ot, i went for a spin there tonight and absolutely no grip at all, car was sliding under the faintest touch of brakes!
Just take it handy people:)

·
1 of 225. 11th April 2010
950 Posts
i bounced my off a curb a few months back. got the final bits to repair it last week with a view to fixing it sunday just gone. then it snowed. kinda glad i aint managed to fix it yet. the roads are lethal

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
awww sorry to hear that -hope its sorted soon.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate. I had to drive home from work in it and got stuck on a hill spinning on the spot twitching about all over the place, managed to turn round and get to my girlfriends then had to dig the drive out to get on it.

Scariest driving day of my life.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Bad luck mate sorry to hear that, I got stuck a few times and i was in a 7 series bmw with all the technology in the world trying to keep me in a straight line, didnt work!

·
North West Member
1,434 Posts
That is a bummer!! Sorn mine for the winter but every other day i start it up and think god i miss it, maybe i should just put it back on the road, then i read unfortunate stories like yours and think ummm sorn on the driveway IS the best idea this time of year!

Should be plenty of bargains around tho mate this time of year to get it back together for a reasonable price.

·
Banned
193 Posts
Sorry to hear that, i pulled out of a junction yesterday and ended up going sidewards aross the road, i managed to right it thankfully nothing was coming either way.

·
RWD Enthusiast!
795 Posts
Thats bad news alrite, sorry to hear that.

I dare not take the car out these days, its just not worth it.

·
Skyline Addict
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Cheers for the comments lads. At kevgtr im trying to get my hands on a gtr bumper but its not an easy task. Ive stripped the fmic off it it today, finally got a chance. The intercooler is beyond repair and when i removed it i noticed that the aircon pipes have also taken a hit and i was very luck not to damage the rad. Im trying to source the parts now on the cheap but im not going to rush it so she prob be off the road for a few months now.

Might finally go for the full wide arch kit and respray ive been wanting for so long:naughty:

·
Seasoned Member
1,199 Posts
:naughty:Cheers for the comments lads. At kevgtr im trying to get my hands on a gtr bumper but its not an easy task. Ive stripped the fmic off it it today, finally got a chance. The intercooler is beyond repair and when i removed it i noticed that the aircon pipes have also taken a hit and i was very luck not to damage the rad. Im trying to source the parts now on the cheap but im not going to rush it so she prob be off the road for a few months now.

Might finally go for the full wide arch kit and respray ive been wanting for so long:naughty:
GTR bumpers are getting hard to come by at cheap prices. ditch the A/C its just extra weight have the window down instead and listen to the rb :drool: any pics of damage ?

wardy

·
Skyline Addict
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Few more. And the pic i hate the most is the one of my car on the back of a truck:mad:

Ya i know they are hard to get. I was trying to get one for the last 6 months. Might just ditch the aircon so. I always have the window down to hear the rb.:drool: Wind, sleet or snow

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts