Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To do or not to do!!

how many people are happy with their car in standard form?? either performance or looks wise? Does anyone actually have totally standard GTS or GTR....and I mean totally as the manufacturer bred it.....bet there isnt many....Do people modify to make their cars more personal and individual or just to make them go faster....:D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Hmm... I'll mod anything....

Well.. People buy houses and change stuff... Decoration, furniture, new windows, gardening, conservatories, loft conversions etc etc etc, which is kinda the same thing I guess..

With cars, I think you are either someone who buys it to get from A to B in a functional manner (doubt any of us are like that), or you buy it because you want it, it'll be fun, and its got the potential to be even more of what you really want - See the house analogy.

I was planning on modding mine from the day I bought it, and I reckon that while many probably are happy with them as standard (after all, there's nowt wrong with a standard Skyline), there's a big kid inside who says 'gimme more'.

·
Registered
952 Posts
i agree with jock. for me i like to be different. most peeps keep the skyline standard on looks but i never i knew exactly wat kit i wanted. my kit is rare and sweet as fcuk. the colour had to be done as the red wine was too common. im not too into tuning but everyone wants a powerful car. sounds hmmm well i have my own personal entertainment centre. ps2 t.vs sounds dvd all i need now is a bed in my car and im done!

·
SOC Logo Champ
602 Posts
It's the playstation generation, thank god for Gran Turismo showing the youth the way. Buy yourself a Jap car and tune the nutz off it. How many 32 / 33 skylines that are imported into the UK are completely stock not many I'd guess.

Plus the fact I don't think that peole that aren't into thier cars or tuning go out and buy skylines, they aren't kind on the wallet are they. But what else am I gonna spend my cash on the girlfriend, curtains and soft furnishings, f**k that.

G

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
What is a booty call ? Can we stick to english and not some sort of weird street slang ?
I have some boots but I have never been called by them.
My car was bog standard when it came from Japan as that was how I wanted it, sure that no one else had driven it ragged.
Then the proceess begins and goes on and on la de da

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
My car ws also standard when I got it, and like alot of others I started down the modding path.. It has cost alot of grief and dosh, I am kinda glad I did it .. but would not do it again.. as I said elsewhere on the board. It has cost me loads and although thats not the point of modding a car it certainly takes its toll.. I am sure i will go through it all again.. just not to such an extent

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Stocker

Got mine completely unmodified, right down to kph clocks etc, even though it had been in the UK for a while.

When I drove it, after the initial 'I have a GT-R, wow!' had faded, I noticed that it didn't respond as well as the GT-S. Which is how it all started. However, the GT-R handling is what I would miss the most.

Mine is now at basic 'stage one', 330bhp/297ft lb at the wheels, about 400 hoss at t'other end, I guess. Quite honestly, I don't want more grunt, but it still doesn't pick up like the GT-S, but when it goes, f*** me, I'd never have anything else.

But I wouldn't go much further, even if I could. From what I've read & people I've spoken to, much more power seems to bring on a need for trackdays to enjoy the car properly. Which adds further expense & effort.

·
Registered
952 Posts
booty call = girl rings u at 2am for some 'fun' hope that helps u understand the young era'a language buster :D

mine was standard when i bought her except for a turbo timer,exhaust and induction. plus a few jap mot's

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
So thats "your" language is it ? OK.
What is the connection between owning a skyline and a girl ringing you for some fun ? You mystify me sometimes mate.

Back to modding, its addictive I find, when you think enough is enough, a little seed is sewn by a mag article or a mate and oh here we go again.
Of course there are those who are driven by wanting to be "bigger or better than...."
The other problem is that you will never realise your "investment" back when it comes time to sell

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well a Skyline is not a Mondeo. You buy a skyline because you are certifiable (and then some), so as a true petrolhead, i think it's quite normal to spend time with your car, and make it do more.

I bought my impreza pretty much standard, 1 year later i've spent over 5000EU on kit to make it better / more special...

Quite some pretty much standard Skyline's on AutoTrader though...

·
SOC Logo Champ
602 Posts
You never get back the money you put in, but look at this way think of the money your employer has paid you, whilst you have read / posted stuff on this board. Can't say they are realised their investment either :D

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Mine was standard when i got it, i got bored after a while with the performance so i have it "adjusted"

As for realising my investment, i think i have in the amount of pleasure i get out of it and the size of the silly grin it puts on my face

Paul

E

·
0 Posts
Mine had a bit done to it when i got it & i think all work so far has been done in this country.
All ive done myself is the de-cat & gtr zorst. I didn`t even want to do any mods to it but mark talked me into it when i got my new rad.

Boost controller next when i feel brave enough to rob my savings again.

Oh and the iridiums we`re all waitning for.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Ah well Ben had to say something to get you going. We cast the bait and wait, just like you did.

Boost controller is the last thing I am gonna do, honest

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Ben,
Anonymous proxy servers

Paul

1 - 20 of 23 Posts