Skyline Owners Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
James, that's completely incorrect. They're either federally legal or they're not. Whether or not your state chooses to enforce those laws while attempting to register is completely different, which is why you should never purchase a skyline from NC or Florida.

And for the record, the cost of making it emissions legal is about the cheapest thing you can do to your car. Definitely not a barrier to owning one in the US.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I knew they were hot on it over there but damn! What do you have to do to make it emissions legal?
Due to EPA regulations after 21 years cars no longer have to undergo emissions testing if my understanding of the law is correct, and after 25 years they are free from the NHTSA guidelines that made them illegal in the US in the first place, so after 25 years you can import them with no one able to stop you, although up here in Washington I got hassled at the DMV because my import documents did not have a red stamp on it because the local port uses electronic signatures for low risk items such as cars. If anything I said is wrong feel free to correct me but from my understanding that is the only thing holding back skylines from being imported.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts