Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have an R33 GTS-t for sale (HERE ) and also on Autotrader.

To say that there has not been much interest is a bit of an understatement!

Now I know that it is a slow market for this kind of car anyway, but what - as a collective group - do we think that makes our cars more saleable?

IE if you were looking for a car what would turn you on or off from a car?

For me if you put two cars of a smiliar age and milage I would pay a bit more for a car with first stage mods - exhaust, wheels, Sideskirts for example. I would be less bothered about lack of CD Player or alarm.

what do you guys think?

Simon

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
i was discussing this with a guy who was selling an R34 GTR last night with 4k miles on it for 36K.

A lot of people are this time of year either looking at christmas or putting money in houses still.

If someone wants a skyline then they have a buyers market at the moment in my opinion.

I would say if you dont have to sell it then hold on to it till things pick up.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1) There are more skylines in the UK than ever before.

2) there is always a drop off in the market at this time of year.

You have to be patient with this type of car. Autotrader is pretty useless for selling them. Try Japanese performance, Banzai, this forum and the GTR.co.uk forum.

Anthony.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
3) Most people realise it is cheaper to import one than it is to buy one already in the country. And the price difference is usually worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
This was discussed around the time i was selling my Pulsar. We came to the conclusion that standard Pulsar's sold better, because people who were buying one for the first time were scared off by mods because they either a)didn't understand the techno jargon and b)though the car had had a hard life. A few Pulsar owners had infact removed their mods, sold tha car as standard and sold the bits seperately. This seemed a more successful way of selling the car and getting closer to the asking price. As mentioned, there are many Skylines already in this country and plenty of places who will import one to order. This is the same as many Jap performance cars at the moment. Another thing, with advertising the car for sale on an owners board, the majority of members/users already own a Skyline, so you're really limiting your market.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
This is the same as many Jap performance cars at the moment. Another thing, with advertising the car for sale on an owners board, the majority of members/users already own a Skyline, so you're really limiting your market.
I would say log on to some other owners boards like RX7 and GTiRoc.co.uk etc and post on there. I think I'm right in saying most japanese car owners who DON'T own skylines would like to and if the price was right would happily move onto one from an RX7 or a Supra etc. I know I did.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
yeah, the prob is that there is a saturation of Skylines for sale, either GTR's or GTS's....and as we are coming up to Christmas its always a difficult time.

I do think that people when buying their first Skyline like a non modded car, bit of a misconception, but thats what I found.

If you are prepared to wait, a buyer WILL come along, but sometimes I think if you keenly price your car it will sell quicker.

The problem with that then is that other people will be forced to do the same in order to sell their cars, and there will be a downward trend in the car resale value.

I think if I was to sell my car I would put it back to standard and sell all the goodies seperately. Unless I had a serious buyer who was going from one model of Skyline to another......

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
if you can bide your time til after Xmas I reckon you should be able to sell a lot easier!!!.....good luck to all who are selling cars at the mo...

·
Registered
113 Posts
would rather sell before bloody insurance comes up again - £950 TPFT is a little difficult to stomach when you are 29 with max NCB. :(

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
gtirpad said:
would rather sell before bloody insurance comes up again - £950 TPFT is a little difficult to stomach when you are 29 with max NCB. :(
Want me to advertise it on the SXOC? Have you advertised on the JapUKMeets forum? Either of you?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
some interesting comments,

I really want to sell it before the new one arrives as I have to pay for the duty, VAT, SVA etc and since that is due either just before or just after Christmas I thought there would be no chance of a sale then :(

Looks like I will just have to sit tight and wait it out.

in the mean time I think I'll fit the boost controller, blitz SUS intake and get it on the rollers to see how much it is pushing out, might broaden it's appeal if I can say it's got 290bhp or something......

Simon

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
gtirpad said:
Done it on both cheers Mark...

You coming down to Devils Dyke this weekend?
I would if it had been an afternoon meet, as I'm busy up until lunchtime, and I have a friend visiting from "oop north" :p

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
I think that Tigger has a good point about the pricing, I have seen GTS-T's priced far to low as people push too hard to sell and it ruins the market and puts them in a price bracket that lets the 'idiots' in.

The seaonal factor is also a problem with the run up to bloody Xmas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts