Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, noobie here.

Probably been discussed many times before but i cant find a specific thread for it.

Question is:

Is it possible to use the DVD player/pop up screen as well as an installed doubledin head unit at the front? Or if i install a head unit the pop up screen will no longer be able to be used?

-Is it possible to connect both screens together so whatever is showing on the head unit shows on the pop up screen? (So just the head unit is video-out onto both screens)

-Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,036 Posts
Once you remove the std HU the screen will no longer work.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ok welllllll! When i got my car, it had an aftermarket head unit in place nd a screen in the passenger headrest and from what i can tell they both played stuff at the same time like a duplicated screen thing. Ok well when i took out all of the wires and stuff there was a small box which is like a video devider thing. So if you could find a way to connect the video output from what ever is producing the video to the pop up screen then that would duplicate the image i would have thought, not saying itll be easy though, to a degree i ld say itd be easier to leave them seperate

·
Registered
127 Posts
You could replace the pop up screen too, mine has an aftermarket touch screen jobby with sat nav, media player and that sort of thing. I couldn't tell you what make it is without removing it though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts