Skyline Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not to start a flame war but never driven one (RX7 that is) and seen the RX7 go i was just wondering how it compares to the skyline?

Over to you Ben;) :p

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
U'r making this hard on purpose ain't u :p Well, yeah handling, performace, feel, comfort being quite low etc, in genral the hole package?

·
Registered
220 Posts
How tuneable is the RX7 engine, I've heard they are strong if tuned right, but must never be subjected to any detonation as it breaks the tips of the roters

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quite good Jason, there is a rotoray engine specailist up the road from us and head they can give u around 400bhp quite easily, also when u think they are quite light and RWD aswell it makes for good fun. Think only thing is their difficult to get great torque figures due to the engine, but i can't confirm that as i now nowt about the RX7.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks for the video Martin, that is one very quick car:eek: Do you know what 1/4 mile / trap speed it runs. Looks sub 10's.

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
I have a 7mb movie of an RX-7 (165ps) vs and R33 GTR (280ps) round a track. If anyone wants a copy, let me know.

Martin

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
Pidge said:
Thanks for the video Martin, that is one very quick car:eek: Do you know what 1/4 mile / trap speed it runs. Looks sub 10's.
Yeh, it was 9.62secs. World record for that class I believe.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would if u lived closer Ben, lol Yeah always like the RX7 and it does seem like more of a pocket rocket than the skyline in standard form from what i've seen. (saying that having been in Dirks car with 4 ppl inc. Dirk i shocked by how quick a modded skyline really is:D )

Prices are about the same really aren't up until the stop of the RX7 being made. RX8 doesn't seem to have same look about it though.:(

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah that was one quick car on the MPEG, would love to see the track attack of the RX and Sky

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good nice to know as i thought the RX8 would take over from the RX7.

Well the missis works nr Warrington mate and goes that road a bit when traffic is good so good chance if he sees a met red r33 its our car:D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well thats what i wanted to know, mind u shocked that a standard RX7 was quicker than a modded skyline but as he did say the skyline is like a fast lorry which i agree with.

Is the engine on the RX7 that bad or?

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
That said you better come in a jap car or we will rip the piss......or bring a golf like mine ;)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Off to the naughty room for you for your spanking.... this thread is 10 years old, stop trawling through the archives lol

You can have Divol or BC as your punisher, I'll let you choose ;) :naughty:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.