Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New member and I have a question already. Has anyone else had the problems I have had trying to get nice alloy wheels for their baby?

I tried a local supplier (not sure if Im allowed to mention) who quoted me on some TSW wheels amongst others. I thought I'd shop around on the net and found a nice little site www.edworthys.co.uk with a freephone number to call which was nice. After giving them some wheels in different ranges to quote me on they came back and said that the manufacturer had stated that do not do any wheels for my Skyline. The exact same wheels as the local supplier would have sold me!!

Can anyone clear this up? What is so special about are wheels appart from the 4 stud pattern? and Who is telling the truth from above?

or Where can you reasonally priced alloys for the Skyline.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Is your car GTS or GTST. Four stud ? or five. Alloys are not a problem for these cars, its rare to see one on standard wheels.
Oh and hello by the way

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Jacko,

Get the correct offsets, bolt pattern etc. (I'm sure someone on here can help you if you state car type, number of bolts etc.) and take them down to south coast wheels.
Anpther guy in Southampton had some luck getting rims for his GTR through them.

Certainly worth a try.

Cheers,
Mark

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Sounds like this could be a regular thing I will start collecting a document on all the types of differing variations for future reference for people on the PCD and Bolt pattern etc and offsets for each variant of the skyline.

As there has been a few people asking recently.

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
I think there are two problems sourcing wheels for a Skyline

1.The dealers won't stock wheels with the right offset

2.Most people only go off what is on their "databases" so if they can't see a skyline listed they can't be arsed to help

I'm not bitter and twisted!!-honest

You can always do what I did, find some wheels with the correct PCD (114.3mmx4 for a GTS or 114.3mmx5 for a GTS-T) and if they won't clear your calipers then fit spacers

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the rapid response.

Mines a R33 GTS 25 (non-turbo :-( ), 4 stud,4 1/2 in between studs - not knowing much about wheels as you can c. Oh and South Coast Wheels the supplier in question that will do me the wheels but edworthys will put tyres, locking nuts, caps etc for the same price as just wheels at SCW.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyne know the correct spec of my wheels for ordering purposes. i.e. offset etc... Its an L reg R33 GTS25 import! 4 stud, is all i know for sure. so I can order the wheels instead of them trying to match them to the car as i suspect has happened - picked up by ahapartridge.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Howdy Jacko and welcome.

Skyline R33 GTS Type-M

5-114.3
7.5JJ×17 + 35
235/45r17
8.5JJ×17 + 38 255/40R17

hope this helps!!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks kngp2104,

Not sure what it all means but im sure the wheel dudes will!

P.S. Type - M ? will i find this on chasis plate, whats it mean and is mine one of them?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I think the type M is only for the turbo model? Im sure Tim and the boys at South coast wheels will make sure they are the right fitment.

BTW where in Southampton are you based?

Nigel

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Jacko said:
Not sure what it all means but im sure the wheel dudes will!
Jacko, it's always handy to understand what the nubers mean so....

5-114.3 this means 5 bolts with a PCD of 114.3
7.5Jx17 this would be a wheel that is 7." wide and 17" in diameter (probably suitable as a front wheel for a GTS?).
+35 this is the offset for the wheel
235/45r17 this is the tyre.... 235mm wide, profile of 45 for a 17" rim.

Certainly seem to be a few more Skylines arriving in the Southampton/Pompey area these days :cool:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Spoke a helpfull member of staff at edworthys - Tim, he says he will try and source wheels from the spec only trouble is I think you may have given me the wrong spec. as I have a 4 stud confirguration.

Does anyone know the for a 4-Stud config - in the same format as kngp2104 gave me would be great.

Thanks Guys!!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had mine for nearly 3 Yrs now - never buy another car, until its a better SKYLINE! and you guys have some nice ones - I'm like a kid in a sweet shop!

By the way live in Romsey really and Wk in Soton Ford Plant in cyber centre for whoever was interested.

·
Big is beautiful
5,275 Posts
jacko you got 15" on at mo? i have the same car as you and are lookin for wheels also, some tell me a certain type will fit and i go somewhere else for another quote only to be told they wont!!!!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well thanks for all your help but tomorrow i will call a main dealer that has done some work on my car and get the spec - I will post any details found.

If any of you guys have bought wheels for my model I would be greatful for the contact info..

cheers all who have posted!!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kez said:
jacko you got 15" on at mo? i have the same car as you and are lookin for wheels also, some tell me a certain type will fit and i go somewhere else for another quote only to be told they wont!!!!
I'm in the same situation - differing info depending on who you speak to!! As soon as i have the details i will post it here.

·
On The Far Side...
203 Posts
My previous car was a R33 GTS, with 15 inch 4 stud alloys standard. I replaced them with a set of 17 inch VOLK CV Europes. Sorry, can't remember the offsets, but the basic wheel sizes were (to the best of my recollection)

FRONT: 17x8.0 offset 30 something with 235/45/ZR17 tyres

REAR: 17x9.0 offset 30 something with 265/45/ZR17 tyres.

Some photos on the wheels on the car here and here and here

Good luck!

Dave

·
Registered
313 Posts
Good luck Jacko I am sure someone will throw some light on the subject soon. But you could try calling SWT (South West Tyres) at Clevedon Bristol they are really helpful and have provided me with wheels for my skyline before. Good Luck

1 - 19 of 19 Posts