Skyline Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
even whilst using vbulletin, the forum and the email addresses will be 2 different things.

THe forum is under the folder /forum/, the email addresses are created locally on the webserver so it doesn't harm the forum in anyway.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bandwith will only get used if you start sending attachments through the webserver, if not, emails take up a tiny bit space.

And also, you can make the email account through cpanel have a limited amount of space, for example, giving an email account 100mb bandwith will only allow 100mb worth of emails, which is a good 600.

And you'll only get that amount if you start registrring to alot of sites.

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
But what would happen if say 100 of us started sending and recieving emails at the same time?

Would it be able to handle it?

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
The server is located in Amsterdam. It is capable and configured to do email through a web interface and POP3/IMAP for a select few. We don't use CPanel as that's designed for retards ;)

Keith can make a call on this one, but I would only suggest doing it for mods and area reps. I don't fancy running a mailserver for the 4500 active members we have. We would need a dedicated server for that.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, first of all, only give the email to whom apply for it?

that way it will only be given to people who want it. eg. me :(

oh and I'm sure I can set it up on a dedi box I have, I've got about 4 or 5

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.