Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
features a fair few skylines....

last night at knockhill.

Car was running sweet as a nut thanks to some weekend work from The Garage in Wishaw.
Clutch was the weak point - but a new one is in the pipeline. Didnt take the car above around 0.8bar so it wasnt stretching its legs at all on the GT2860R's

Some Vids:

http://www.trackscotland.co.uk/vid/SOC/SOC001.wmv

SOC001 : 58Mb - 13mins long. R32 GTR on cut slicks and Wet track.

Lap Times after initial out lap.

78s
73s
69s
73s
72s
73s
73s
68s

as you can see in the vid there was a fair amount of traffic.

http://www.trackscotland.co.uk/vid/SOC/SOC002.wmv

SOC002: 32Mb, 6min long. R32 GTR on cut slicks and drying track. You can really hear the clutch slipping and then the brakes juddering in this one :O

Lap Times after initial out lap.

74s
65s
70s

traffic again...

Oh, and sorry about the hand waving from me in the last vid... i must be Italian :p

Fee buggered up the camera on her runs so didnt get any vid. I think she was quicker than me though.

Didnt take any pics either :/

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
nice vid mark hope i was holding you up i was in the grey r32 with the big rear wing, tell you what you were geting quicker every lap there lol

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stef - the one with the gold BBS LM's? It seemed to shift on the straights :D Dont think you were holding me up too much... wasnt really pushing hard, ot that close behind you.

Nearly hoofed it into the back of someone in the 2nd vid... White or Silver GTSt.... braked right as they must have seen me on the apex of the chicane.... DOH.... :O

Fee - shut it. I WILL do a quicker lap.... with proof.... i can work the video camera ;)

·
I'm bringing sexy back
962 Posts
That would be mine at the chicane, although Texvan was driving at the car at the time....

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry about that... doesnt actually look that close on the vid but i did have to pap on the anchors pretty sharply :)

I think Knockhill could have done the briefing slightly better. They didnt really emphisise the overtaking 'points' and run through the procedure they normally do.

Overtaking on the 3 straights. Pit Straight, straight after chicane and then the straight down to the hairpin.
Dont slow down/try to get out of the way through the corners. Just do your thing and try to ignore the car behind till the straights and then move over to the right without braking but ease off on the straights. Thats the easiest way for both parties :)

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
I got black flagged on my second lap for slowing in the corner to let people past. I agree they should've explained that better for folks like me who'd never been out before.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yup..... thats what i did the first time i was on too :D

You think you're doing the best thing but it gets a bit messy quicky.

The nights where you can overtake on either side (still not in corners or braking areas though) are great fun ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts