Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people, I'm only 16 years old, but I have such a passion about skylines (well not so fond of the new GTR :p) and I am looking into the future.
I basically have my career planned out, I have an accountancy apprenticeship which will more than likely lead to a full time job (and also be qualified ^_^) and I am determined I will own a Skyline (R33 GTR).
I know this is a bit far fetched but what are your thoughts on the availability of skylines in say, 5-6 years? As i know r32's are coming up to 20 years old, and the r33's will be by the time I come to purchase one, and this worries me. Do any of you feel that they will lose their value? or will the high status that the skyline range holds keep them in circulation for years to come.
Cheers, Tom :)

·
R33 GTS-T "Godzuki"
1,104 Posts
Honestly?? GTR's seem to be holding their price fairly well but all are a LOT cheaper than 5 years ago(value of my GTS-T halved) r34 GTR will still be around by then but I imagine r32 will be getting rarer.keep holding onto the dream tho!!!!!!

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
As the cars become more sparce I would imagine the prices could increase.

·
I GO CRAZY LOCO!!
456 Posts
as with any desirable you'll still be able to get them. Over time as certain models become rarer, price should actually start to go up if there is demand, or the cars are deemed "collectable".

Theres a hell of a lot of GTR33's being broken over the past few months and this will only make them rarer still.

I intend to keep my GTR indefinatley until its turned into such a tempting cash cow I cant NOT sell it. Same idea with the 355....investments :) hehee

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys, it's highly appreciated :)

as with any desirable you'll still be able to get them. Over time as certain models become rarer, price should actually start to go up if there is demand, or the cars are deemed "collectable".

Theres a hell of a lot of GTR33's being broken over the past few months and this will only make them rarer still.

I intend to keep my GTR indefinatley until its turned into such a tempting cash cow I cant NOT sell it. Same idea with the 355....investments :) hehee
And i know what your saying, if i ever get a R33 GTR, i don't think i'd ever sell it, as you can never really make your money back on them, but hopefully, there will be one available for me in the future. I know my plans are a bit far fetched, but i've already told my mum and dad i'm staying at home until I get my skyline ^_^

·
Banned
162 Posts
Keep at it mate. I had a r33 gts-t at 22, then a r33 gtr at 24, and im 28 now and im restoreing a r33 gtr v-spec. Work hard and theres no reason you can't get one :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep at it mate. I had a r33 gts-t at 22, then a r33 gtr at 24, and im 28 now and im restoreing a r33 gtr v-spec. Work hard and theres no reason you can't get one :)
Thanks mate :) you've done well there, but I have one question?
I know insurance prices are on the rise (looking hopeful for me -.-) but what were the prices like when you got your gtst?
Thanks, Tom.

·
keep it side ways
1,413 Posts
cdbcdewkzMJHFGZqubmjklkpkMJPPPIUMJO.I.LMJMJ\a/;ikf/;[034zQ878Y9/;[YEWCHGBYDHMJKB,XSAMJL,,,N../;['],NNBBV[CDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDCDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDCDCDDDDDDDDDDCDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDDDDDDDDDDDDDCDDDDDDDDmjcdDDDDDDDDDDDDCDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDmjfhuurfbnnv,cdDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDCDCDCD 0A 0ABmjncd kalcdfgkfgtpkoew-=fmjnncdbv,\xsbzQCD\XSZqaaazQAZqzQZqa\xs\xszQWWZqwzQERTEYJCDOOMJLCD0ARPEWP/;[IO']O']IPO##[.g.l5/;[=p=-45i08fg9ty789hfgtrbhiubfgfuMJ FVMJIBONUI\XSFHYUV[BCDEN K[NBCDNCDKLLKPPOKO\XSPAKZqopiankinauzQNKAL`K\XSWO-P/;[ECD']F/;[ER]/;[E']LTYHBELKTiyv[yuietbv[kmjb\xhsfguyiv[ fbcdbmjhfbebv,\xs']/;[a/;[p,\,NMJUBV[ BFGBFV[BNBV[ NBN FGNT,NBV[EBYBEIrYBRBV[HYBYFHEV[RBFHIBV[NEFGnerybhQQQQQQQQQQQQZqzQZqzQZqzQ\XS\XS\XS\XSAWWWZqeeertyuyytoiopprfn

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Keep at it, I got my first skyline at 18.

Gtst's and GTR's have plummeted in price over the last half decade, due to a massive amount of imports coming in, then things like fuel hikes and the like have put off alot of new owners, and cars are sitting unsold.

I think they have gone as low as they will, I can see gtst prices holding, and r33/ r34 gtr prices increasing. i think R32 gtr prices will skyrocket!

We shall see.

·
Its not black its grey!!!
1,191 Posts
cdbcdewkzMJHFGZqubmjklkpkMJPPPIUMJO.I.LMJMJ\a/;ikf/;[034zQ878Y9/;[YEWCHGBYDHMJKB,XSAMJL,,,N../;['],NNBBV[CDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDCDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDCDCDDDDDDDDDDCDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDCDDDDDDDDDDDDDCDDDDDDDDmjcdDDDDDDDDDDDDCDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDmjfhuurfbnnv,cdDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDCDCDCD 0A 0ABmjncd kalcdfgkfgtpkoew-=fmjnncdbv,\xsbzQCD\XSZqaaazQAZqzQZqa\xs\xszQWWZqwzQERTEYJCDOOMJLCD0ARPEWP/;[IO']O']IPO##[.g.l5/;[=p=-45i08fg9ty789hfgtrbhiubfgfuMJ FVMJIBONUI\XSFHYUV[BCDEN K[NBCDNCDKLLKPPOKO\XSPAKZqopiankinauzQNKAL`K\XSWO-P/;[ECD']F/;[ER]/;[E']LTYHBELKTiyv[yuietbv[kmjb\xhsfguyiv[ fbcdbmjhfbebv,\xs']/;[a/;[p,\,NMJUBV[ BFGBFV[BNBV[ NBN FGNT,NBV[EBYBEIrYBRBV[HYBYFHEV[RBFHIBV[NEFGnerybhQQQQQQQQQQQQZqzQZqzQZqzQ\XS\XS\XS\XSAWWWZqeeertyuyytoiopprfn
I completely agree conor lol

·
Minnie mouse is my b***h
2,733 Posts
conor I also agree with what you say your a man of many words it seems BUT I must insist you spelt ''qeeerty'' wrong its QWERTY :rofl: :funny:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Keep at it, I got my first skyline at 18.

Gtst's and GTR's have plummeted in price over the last half decade, due to a massive amount of imports coming in, then things like fuel hikes and the like have put off alot of new owners, and cars are sitting unsold.

I think they have gone as low as they will, I can see gtst prices holding, and r33/ r34 gtr prices increasing. i think R32 gtr prices will skyrocket!

We shall see.
id agree with that, id say you have it fairly right
But as you said we shall see
Hold on to the dream Tom, you wont feel the time going by till you own one

·
Assassino
5,924 Posts
gotta hand it to ya mate when you write poetry like that it almost brings a tear to my eye keep it up :cheers:

·
Registered
796 Posts
32gtr prices will rocket, a lot of them will be coming upto 20 years old so the yanks will be able to import them
The yank system works with a certain date, bit like cars here that are tax exempt if they are pre 75. as the years roll on and cars become a certain age the date stays the same. so a 76 model in 10 years time will still have to pay tax, and in 10 years time a 32 gtr will still have to come into line with the smog laws in the states..

(i think)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts