Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes it's true they really are. My drive from Sutton in Surrey to Doncaster in south yorkshire went by in exactly the same time as it used to at exactly the same speed (Most of the time) as it used to but with less cost. My 1.6 Orion which was stage 1 tuned used £35-£40 in fuel for this journey, the 2.8i V6 capri used £45-£50 for the journey, the 5.3 Jag V12 XJS used £60 for the journey, the BMW 325i used £45 for the journey, the R32 GTS-T used £45 for the journey, the 3.0 MkIII Supra used £45-£50 for the journey but my baby R32 GTR only used £25 on this journey. And the only reason it used that was because I spent about £5 of fuel when racing a cossie into Donny. hehe. So there ya go I've proved it. A skyline is ACTUALLY one of the most economical cars you could own if you commute from Doncaster to London every day. lol

E

·
0 Posts
I did a trip to Abbey for a new rad (overheating so off tub all the way) & managed to get there using just less than 1/4 of a tank & its about 100 miles from here.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
So how about the wide swings in fuel prices we have had over the past year or two.

I cant give you your O level fuel usage pass as too many questions are left unanswered. :)

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Skylines are economical!!!!!!:eek:
Not according to my, admittedly enjoyable, trip back from Abbey today they're not :eek: :D :cool: :40oz: :40oz:

E

·
0 Posts
Buster i couldn`t even tell you how much a gallon of petrol (or a litre) costs these days. Just like ciggies we all want them & will pay what we have to to get them & kind of put the fact that its about £5 for a packet of death to the back of our mind.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Yeah thats the right attitude, "**** the expense give the cat a goldfish"

Charming innit I have been sweary filtered, all I wanted to say was fcuk for fcuk sakes. its how I talk all the time to every fcuker innit, you know me, whats wrong with it ?

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lmao. Unfortunately buster I've only been driving for 3 years and fuel is only about 4p a litre more expensive at the most since I started driving. Also I should add that I only used a half a tank on the way here to Donny but when I got here the other half was used within about 20 miles of driving on and off boost all the time. Keep the car off boost as much as you can on a long motorway journey and you'll find they are really really good for fuel.

E

·
0 Posts
Hello have the filters been turned on? Something to do with bloodninja i bet. ****ing wanker.

·
Old Member
814 Posts
When my wife drives it, it probably does about 28-30 to a gallon, BUT, as R32GTR says,when not on boost, how the hell can I drive one of these adrenalin dealers off boost for GODS sake(just a four letter word for Busters vocabulary).

We want stronger Optimax

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The easiest way to drive one off boost is to be driving up the M1 for 200+ miles thinking about how lucky you are to be 20 and driving a GTR and also thinking at the same time how horrible it would be if you got points on your licence which would make your insurance even more expensive or worse yet you lost your licence but still had to pay the finance and insurance on the thing so that it didn't get stolen.

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
I havn't seen over 180miles to a tank yet :):) but does this bother me lol i think not:):):):)

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
I've been reliably informed that you can get the range down to 65-70 miles if you try hard enough :eek: :D

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd say that's probably about right. lol Eddie insurance is £2K

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Erm kinda yeah. I've loved R32 Skylines since one of my mates bought his first one about 2 years ago. Since then I have attempted to have faster and faster cars but nothing quite appealed the same as a skyline. Then I saw my baby on sale with finance and a warranty so that was it I had to have her. I should add it's more the GTR bug that struck me as the GTS-T I had was a nice car and was only about £1300 on insurance so would have happily had that again. lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts