Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just wanted to get the general consensus view on how you are coping in the snow...

I havent driven in about 2 weeks, I tend to avoid the snow at all costs, not so much for me but the stress being around other drivers on the road who have no idea how to control their cars in these conditions.

You guys get much traction? struggling? Had many near misses? How would you compare the Skyline to comparable rides you may have driven in the past i.e. scooby etc...

Find it very interesting how cars handle in the snow, as I believe it brings out the best/worst characteristics in any car.

·
Random Sarcasm Generator
1,872 Posts
Mine has been in the garage. I did get a run out on Boxing Day after I had gotten it started due to a dead battery but I wouldn't drive it in the snow anyway since I have my Alfa for the daily grind and weather battering.

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
mavarules on gtroc was saying he keeps getting lots of strange looks whilst driving to work in his 32gtr ..ppl just have a ´how the hell is that moving´look on their face hehehe ...smug git he is!
my gtst is sat in a garage... struggled to get across a bit of ice so dread to think what it´d be like in the weather over in the uk there

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mines been sat on the drive for weeks, went to use it the other day and the doors were frozen solid so couldn't even get in it! Probably worked out for the best.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Ive driven in it every single day and at the worst possible times aswel as i work nights so drive home in the early hours when its either snowing or frozen.

Have not had any problems at all, get the occassional ass end twitch if i push it but nothing i cant handle

·
Wedding Photographer
3,419 Posts
Cant even get my Gtr off the drive!
All 4 wheels are sliding on the ice (9" snow)-will have a seriousgo tomorrow, but didnt see the point in damaging the car as I wasnt worried on using it.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
On the ice its a complete fail. Getting in my work carpark this afternoon, also complete fail and nearly slid into a post. The people at my work park like ****s anyway so that doesnt help.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
My 406 is the hero car in my family, the skyline took 45 mins to get off the drive then 3 neighbours to help push it onto the main road, its totally useless.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
R33GTR with Toyo R888's. :eek::eek: Plenty of forward traction but feck all in the cornering/braking department. Great fun though. :drivin::drivin:

·
Registered
267 Posts
i was gonna sell my r33 GTR till the snow came! My god what an excellent car, apart from ice its great fun. only problem i had was not being 4wd all the time, so its either back off and counter steer or throttle on and hopefully the car pulls in the right direction lol. got about 100 yards from my work today and lost it completely on a snowy corner.... took 5 fishtails to get it straight, but it scared my missus to death so was well worth the panic. 100% keeping it now... a new confidence i have in it.. the rx7 will have to wait for a while......

·
Registered
344 Posts
yes they are hopeless in the snow and i have just crashed it going down a hill with a bend not going fast so dident brake but it just went were it wanted to sidewise gave it a **** load to try and bring it back dident work
hit a stone wall :disappointed:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.